Trine 2: Director's Cut Springs To Life With A New Trailer

Posted by Shaan Joshi

A story about a joker, a thief, and a knight

Despite only launching a couple of days ago, the Wii U's eShop is slowly building up it's own library of downloadable games, with one of the forerunners being Trine 2: Director's Cut. While the original game launched last year for PC and other home consoles, this Wii U exclusive version comes with the Goblin Menace expansion pack, and a new multiplayer mode entitled Magic Mayhem is due out at a later date.

Trine 2: Director's Cut supports up to three players, both online and local. Players can use a variety of control options, including the Wii U Gamepad, Wii U Pro Controllers, Wii Remotes, Nunchuks, and even the original Classic Controllers. North American Wii U owners can pick it up in the eShop right now for $19.99, and a European release is scheduled for November 30 to coincide with the European Wii U launch. Until then, you can check out a brand new launch trailer below.

[via youtube.com]

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

That part with all the tentacles reminded me of Donkey Kong Country Returns. This actually looks even more impressive, and that's saying something. :O

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

This game looks amazing. Really shows what indie developers are capable of. This will be my first download whenever I can afford a Wii U.

Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya said:

Me and some of my friends are absolutely itching for this.
The 30th will be one hell of a gaming weekend for us.
We even have a clan set up ready :D I'm such a big kid...

It's absolutely stunning.

Buzzthebatgirl

Buzzthebatgirl said:

I've played some of this at the Wii U Tour and it seems like something I'd like. However price is going to be the issue $20 is about £15 (which seems like a fine price) but I wouldn't be surprised it it becomes £20 in the UK (a little too much for me IMO) :(

cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo said:

Totally there!
...as soon as I get a WiiU.
Funny thing is, there are more eShop games I'm interested in than retail!

Ryno

Ryno said:

Looks awesome. Maybe someday I will get around to downloading
it.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

Originally, I wasn't planning on getting this but that trailer was fantastic so now I think I will get it.

Metal_Slugger

Metal_Slugger said:

I got the demo on the PS3 sort of always wanted to buy it. Its a descent game I like to watch people play this one as well because of the colors. So I will get it for the wii U I am actually downloading it right now waiting. :)