Tomorrow Corporation Turns Up The Heat With New Little Inferno Trailer

Posted by Martin Watts

Great balls of fire!

With the Wii U launch just days away in North America, Tomorrow Corporation has released a new trailer for its upcoming Wii U eShop title Little Inferno.

This bizarre new title from Kyle Gabler (World of Goo) and Kyle Gray (Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure) provides the player with an "entertainment fireplace". Players burn everything from toys to nuclear devices (please don't attempt the latter at home, kids) in an effort to keep warm in a world that keeps getting colder and colder.

In addition to releasing the new trailer, Tomorrow Corporation also announced that the game has now been translated into French, German, Spanish and Dutch, although the North American version will only contain English at launch. An update will be released shortly after to rectify this.

If this latest trailer has got your fire burning, then you should check out our recent preview. We got our hands on a pre-release build of the game and it looks like it's shaping up very nicely.

The game releases on the Wii U eShop on 18th November. A European release date has not yet been confirmed.

[via tomorrowcorporation.com]

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

Whoa, it's giving me those same chills I got from World of Goo at times. I really ought to finish that one...

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Yup, gameplay trailer it looks like, I was right. Hopefully I'll be able to get this next week.

BenAV

BenAV said:

So awesome.
Definitely buying it the moment it hits the Australian/European eShop.

Mollutje

Mollutje said:

Still I wonder.. WHAT DO YOU DO?! I love the atmosphere of the game, and world of goo proved tons of fun, but I still don't get the game mechanics of this..

OorWullie

OorWullie said:

Its certainly unique,I'll give it that.What a box of surprises the Wii U is going to be on launch day,these Eshop titles could end up being better than a lot of the launch titles.Cant wait for the reviews to start coming out,there's so many to get through but never thought the first review on IGN would have been Ninja Gaiden.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

It's been getting very very very cold in my town and Wii U will release in just a few more days. This game will be perfect for the coming winter. :)

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

I'm really interested in seeing people's interpretation of the art behind this game once it is released.
It makes me wonder if it is supposed be a reflection of the games industry (or just consumerism in general) and how we just buy stuff only to "burn" right through it in order to get the next latest and greatest thing.

jer18

jer18 said:

This now presents more questions since when I watched the original trailer.

Tantan

Tantan said:

What I just commented about gaijin holds true here. World of Goo was amazing especially on the Wii but who knows if they can top that.
"Man I can't wait for more gaijin games. The bit trip games were phenomenal.
However I am concerned that it will be one day like Rare... You know a company starts with great ideas and in the end becomes crap sort of like Grisham with books, ER with too many seasons or Christopher Nolan in films - you do amazing stuff and end up with the latest Batman action crap. You never know with sequels or once you keep doing more of the same."

Tantan

Tantan said:

@fivedigitlp I doubt that there this hidden socialist communist nonsense in the game. It presents in my view a bleak future where people do what they can to survive. The toys are oblivious to the apocalypse and have scientience and self awareness like goo balls.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

@Tantan: Having played through the game twice, I can say that @FiveDigitLP has a perfectly valid reading of Little Inferno.

So do you.

It's wide open to interpretation, and I agree that it will be interesting to read those interpretations when the game launches.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Looks a lot like World of goo, graphics-wise! Could be a cool (or should I say hot) game! Looking forward to it!