Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Trailer Brings the Madness

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Includes a panda dressed as Princess Peach

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition will be available on launch day, and will include a number of features and modes exclusive to Nintendo's console. As you'd expect, adding Nintendo into a Tekken title promises to bring bizarre and humorous results, while the GamePad itself will allow control options and customisation with just a few touches of the extra screen.

We've had a couple of brief opportunities to play this title, and on each occasion we couldn't deny that, in multiplayer especially, the extra options were a lot of fun. It's a title also getting a big push in Japan, particularly, with Hori releasing a rather attractive Tekken Tag Tournament 2 fight stick, though gamers in the UK will need to settle for a rather bland alternative. For fans of fighting games intent on picking up a Wii U, it's possible that this is on their radars.

Still, nothing shows the Nintendo-branded madness that's been added to this title like the latest Japanese trailer. As well as showing more conventional play, it demonstrates the mascot outfits, costume customisation, touch screen controls and the rather demented special mode, with mushroom power ups causing plenty of chaos. Check it out below.

[via gonintendo.com]

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

Haha, Those size mushrooms make it even more hilarious...well the Nintendo character costumes and powerups in general; I even like the abiIity to use paint on them.

I might just have to pick this up!

Xilef

Xilef said:

Is there any word if you will be ablde do display combos on the Gamepad?

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

Huh, hadn't we seen this like last month? Or is it another one?

Anyways, more Panda Peach is always a good thing.

Bane

Bane said:

Every time NL talks about Tekken Tag 2, new stuff is always announced which makes it even more awesome than when i read about it before. This game is gonna be awesume! Drawing on shirts yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Im going to wait for reviews, and possibly until a discount for this, but most likely Im getting it. It seems to have a good bunch of extras, so Itll probably be ranked higher than other versions.

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

This looks absolutely excellent fun. A definite buy for me

@Brick yeah i'm sold on the drawing on shirts to lol. Will keep my thirst for drawing on t shirts until Animal Crossing lol

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

Hopefully this will be the definitive version of the game and the must buy version over the 360 and PS3 versions. Will be nice to see Nintendo on top with the 3rd Party software

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Tempting me to double div with this game if I do get a Wii U later on. >:[
Lulz, Christina makes a great Peach. Panda beats her any day though.

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

I'm definitely getting this game... Hang on... Okay, I do have it on my wishlist already. Good.

Can't wait to doodle on T-shirts...and fight people dressed up as Peach. SO MUCH EXCITEMENT FOR THE WII U!

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

These trailers convinced me to ignore the PS3 version. It almost seems like a completely different game! Looking at the video, the Link costume allows you to use the sword, so it should let you use some new strategies.

Those Nintendo costumes and the paint option should be added to more Wii U games, they really look like a lot of fun.

akabenjy

akabenjy said:

@Shiryu Except Soul Calibur V was a big disappointment. My hope is the GCN version of Soul Calibur II is released on the Wii U VC. That is my favourite fighting game of all time.

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

Miyamoto says that he thought F-Zero is no longer relevant. They give the Captain Falcon outfit to Namco. WTF!?!

RedDevilAde

RedDevilAde said:

Never really a fan of the Tekken or Soul Calibur games, would prefer if the Street Fighter or Virtua Fighter series got released on Wii U

scrubbyscum999

scrubbyscum999 said:

It's Tekken on a Nintendo console. Was already going to be a must buy for me. However, I said it before and I will say it again, this just makes it beyond awesome.