Rayman Legends Demo Available In Wii U eShop On Launch

Posted by Andy Green

We will get to play it after all

Rayman Legends was originally supposed to be a Wii U launch day title but was pushed back to a Q1 2013 release, much to the disappointment of Rayman fans across the globe.

However, North American Wii U owners will still be able to get a little bit of their Rayman fix on launch day as Ubisoft has confirmed that there will be a demo of the game made available on the eShop on the same day the console launches: November 18th, in case you'd somehow forgotten.

There’s no news yet on whether or not this demo will be available in the European eShop come November 30th, although we would like to think it will be. There’s no information on file size either, which could be an issue for owners of the Basic Wii U bundle.

Will you be looking to download the Rayman Legends demo at launch?

[via gematsu.com]

GameLord08

GameLord08 said:

This... this is just... fabulous! :D

Also heard that there'd be HD video features as well as demos on the eShop. Sounds good.

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

A good way to get hype for this game started, without it getting crushed by mario at launch.

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

Is this going to be the same demo as the one in the Wii U units at GameStop and Best Buy?

Mollutje

Mollutje said:

A Rayman demo? Nice! It breaks my heart to see Origing in the budget bin every time I enter my local game store. It had its flaws, but overall that game was really fantastic. I hope the amount of attention it's gotton from being this promising WiiU exclusive will help out both the WiiU sales and the game itself.

Emaan

Emaan said:

Great! I wonder if there will be more demos of the launch games besides this, so we can get a taste of the games we might not have picked up. Only 2 days left! :D

OracleOfTruth

OracleOfTruth said:

Origins was an incredible game, and this one looks even better! I will certainly download this Day 1. :)

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

@Luigifan141 I also wonder if this will be the same demo you can play at some Wii U kiosks (Best Buy and Gamestop). I'm betting it is with a couple of variations. There's even a character unlock room in that demo that you'd probably never be able to take advantage of given the 10 minute play limit. Even without the limit though, it'd be a pretty short tease — and most demos are.

As for comparing Origins to Legends. The demo on the kiosks suggests that Legends is way more fun. I was grinning like a fool playing the rhythm part and the firefly stuff really gets the GamePad player and the real character interacting in a careful way. It's quite different and fun.

Ryno

Ryno said:

I have never played a Rayman game so I will give this a shot.

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

@Emaan I've been wondering the same thing. I mean, it shouldn't be too hard to give Wii U owners the same demos that are going to be on display at the events all over the country. It'd be foolish for them not to, as it could only positively affect game sales. I personally hope Nintendo has a lot more demos this time around.

Personally, it'd help me with my Christmas list. And it'd be a great way to keep the hype going for upcoming games (Game & Wario, Project P-100, Pikmin 3, to name a few).

Sobtanian

Sobtanian said:

Oh yes, yes, yes!

Just today I finished Rayman Jungle Run 100%, and of course Origins 100% a while ago, so was gutted to find out that Legends wasn't a launch game.
At least this demo (hopefully it'll be available .eu) plus Mario will keep the platformer-itch at bay :D

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

I suggest they release a demo for NSMBU & Nintendo Land for those who dont think these games will be any good and need to be shown the truth of how fun they really are! :)

Abcdude

Abcdude said:

This made my day. Hopefully it will have more levels than the wii U demo kiosk version though

TanookiMike

TanookiMike said:

It's too bad this didn't get out for day one. By the nature of the limited selection of launch day games, it would have been a real hit with people looking for something to play on their new console.

bonesy91

bonesy91 said:

well I guess I should finish origins over the weekend. Great game :D can't wait to download the demo.

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

Woo-hoo!!!!! This is SUPER great! Now, it "cushions the blow just a tad" from the fact that this game out be at out this year. Rayman Legends will be my 1st Wii U demo download for sure!!

Henmii

Henmii said:

Good news! If this site is any indication, then there is still a lot of convincing needed!

It seems people much rather have yet another "new" super mario bros (that does absolutely nothing, graphics wise), instead of this!!!

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Great games should get good demos and i hope this shows a lot of people how great Rayman games are.
And hopefully this is only the beginning of as many demos as humanly possible..