Nintendo Download: 29th November 2012 (North America)

Posted by Damien McFerran

Should you drag yourself away from your Wii U for these downloads?

While Europe readies itself for the Wii U and North America enjoys yet another week with the new system, the Nintendo Download roller-coaster continues. There's not a great deal to choose from this time, we're afraid - but then again, you're probably still enjoying New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land, right?

3DS Download Software

Aero Porter (Level-5, $4.99) - If you've ever wondered what it would be like to play a game which combines aviation and puzzles then wonder no more. This interesting 3DS download is well worth a look, but be sure to read our Aero Porter review to make sure it's a good fit for you.

Pac-Man (Namco Bandai, $4.99) - Namco's pill-munching classic comes to the 3DS eShop and proves that good gameplay doesn't age. Despite being as old as the hills, this game is still incredibly addicitve - as you'll know if you've already seen our Pac-Man review.

DSiWare

Invasion of the Alien Blobs! (G-Style, $1.99 / 200 Points) - Released as Shunkan Tsubutsubu Tsubushi in its native Japan, this action title sees you using the stylus to splat the titular alien blobs before they overwhelm the earth completely. We'll be reviewing it soon.

Bloons TD 4 (Digital Goldfish, $4.99 / 500 Points) - Balloons and Tower Defence - surely a match made in heaven, right? We'll let you know for sure once we've reviewed the game.

Do you fancy portering some air, or does the retro appeal of Pac-Man appeal to you more? Cast your vote below.

What will you be downloading first this week? (210 votes)

Aero Porter (3DS eShop)

15%

Pac-Man (3DS eShop)

16%

Invasion of the Alien Blobs! (DSiWare)

Bloons TD 4 (DSiWare)

Nothing for me this week

65%

Please login to vote in this poll.

Related Games

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

thanks for forgetting us 3DS owners. ugh at least pac man is coming out so i can get that.

workerbot

workerbot said:

I'm looking forward to Winter Wonderland 2 next week, and it looks like Ninja Gaiden will be released next week as well.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

If I get a card to day I will get bloons td since it's a fun game, I still have to get monster shooter as well.

kitroplious

kitroplious said:

The uPlay application by Ubisoft should be coming soon to the Wii U Nintendo eShop.

Getting Aero Porter today! :)

Boo_Buster

Boo_Buster said:

Nothing from the eShop for me this week. EU getting the Wii U tomorrow! Get excited friends :D You will love it. Miiverse is great! I am having a blast with NSMBU, Nintendo Land, Scribblenauts and ZombiU

Adam

Adam said:

@undead_terror
Last Sunday's update was special because the system came out the same day. I haven't heard anything about the U continuing to update on its own special day.

alex167

alex167 said:

Another BAD week, nothing for VC, again no Kirby's Dreamland 2...keep waiting ¬¬

Hyperstar96

Hyperstar96 said:

PC has had BTD5 for almost a year and iOS got it a few weeks ago; DSiWare is just now getting the fourth game <_<

Shotgunryugan

Shotgunryugan said:

"Should you drag yourself away from your Wii U for these downloads?"
Don't remind me :(
I hope y'all are enjoying your brand new shiny and good looking Wii U's >.>

A bit surprised NeoGeo didn't get anything.I won't be getting anything at all...

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

@Raiko It is, they've just listed the 3DSware release and the 3DS VC release in the same section.
I'm surprised America didn't get anything new to download on the Wii U this week.

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

Bloons TD seems overpriced, simply because I was playing it for free as a flash game just a few days ago. $2 would have been better considering that.

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

Nothing this week, but I do plan on getting Aero Porter someday, and maybe Pac-Man.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

As funny as it sounds, I could ALWAYS use a portable Pac-Man... that's just what I need right now in my 3DS.

RR529

RR529 said:

Nothing for me this week, which is fine with me, because I have no money :P

NTELLIGENTMAN

NTELLIGENTMAN said:

FINALLY! The NES Pac-Man game! I used to own the Tengen cart as a kid and last year, I missed playing it, so I bought the Licensed cart for $4.99. I really want to play Pac-Man on the go and since I no longer have the GBA Namco Museum game or the PSP Namco Museum game, I have to download this port. The NES version has the tightest controls of any port I've ever played and the Circle Pad should make the game feel even better.

AlmightyDerek

AlmightyDerek said:

Was hoping for some Wii U demos. That Rayman demo was promised at launch. Oh well. Also people shouldn't expect any Wii U vc games for a while as they haven't even really talked about it. Pac-Man is kind of tempting. Wish we had championship edition DX though. That would be an instant download.

gojiguy

gojiguy said:

is pacman the downgraded NES port?

Ugh. I'd prefer if Namco Bandai gave us a DL version of the one packed in with Pacman and Galaga Dimensions.

Also, where is our Ninja Gaiden??

cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo said:

Surprised to see all the negativity. How do you know if a game is good before you play it?

Aero Porter looks really interesting, and it's from a well-known creator: Yoot Saito. It might not be your thing, but how do you know?

From personal perspective, I find one of the biggest challenges in making games is the response from players who haven't played the game. It seems that gamers often just dismiss titles at a glance. :(
(note: I wasn't involved in Aero Porter's development, but I find the immediate dismissal of it disheartening and worth calling it out...perhaps in part b/c I love Airport-related games ;).)

Windy

Windy said:

Gosh who is in charge of choosing VC titles at Nintendo? Poor job!poor job! There are so many good games that should be getting vc releases. The xhoices have been poor and few. This is one section that should be getting at least 5 games a week. The games are done already common man!

Windy

Windy said:

How many pacman releases do we need to see? I would also like to see some pcengine TG16 on vc. Pacland would be cool

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Figured as much with the released of the Wii U. Oh well I have the new classic Mario levels to try out in coin rush mode in NSMB2.

HawkeyeWii

HawkeyeWii said:

Are we ever going to get more Gameboy Color games??? Or how about some fresh VC games in general

Megajack

Megajack said:

I know I'll be picking up Bloons Tower Defense. :) I've been waiting for the 4th to come to DSiware.

YUXLOA

YUXLOA said:

I've been waiting for Aero Porter. Yoot Saito hasn't disappointed me yet.

Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

Blah.

Oh well, I still haven't finished Crashmo yet, so it's okay. Here's hoping us non-WiiU owners will get some e-shop goodies before 2012 is out. Looks like a bunch of games I'm interested in are on the 'coming soon' shelf on the e-shop.

cheapogamer4life

cheapogamer4life said:

@27 Yes. Unfortunately it doesn't seem possible for Ninty to release one amazing downloadable game every week. To expect that would just be wishful thinking.

RR529

RR529 said:

I'm actually surprised at all the negativity. Aero Porter is apparently a good game, so how is this a "terrible" week. How good an update is, is decided by quality, not quantity.

Sure, Pac-Man may be a bit of a let down (since there are already other ways to play it on the system), but Aero Porter is one of the highly anticipated Guild 01 games, and has had a positive critical reception.

You personally might not be interested in it, but that in no way makes it of low quality.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

What happended to Ninja Gaiden? Everyweek its supposed to come out but it never does. Its like those Sonic Game gear games.

Metal_Slugger

Metal_Slugger said:

They better hurry up adding stuff interesting to the wiiu eshop. I got nothing to do on this new machine. Feeling like I should of waited a year before I bought it.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Wow Nintendo, it's the Christmas season. People want to find reasons to spend money. Give them a reason.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

Why are people bagging the week? We got Aero Porter and Bloons TD4. Everyone wanted the Guild games, less than half are exited when they launch. And anyone who has played Bloons Tower Defence would know that it is a great title.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

Another week of nothing but whining and complaining. Nothing to see here :P

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

Why are people complaining? I think this week is good. Pac man is a classic and Aero porter is a simple fun game, nothing wrong about that. Plus Ninja gaiden was confirmed for NEXT week via the eshop, so it'll come then.

And the wii U just came out, and you complain because of a absence of wii U download games? IT JUST CAME OUT. GIVE IT ANOTHER WEEK OR SO. There were over 21 launch games on the eshop, and I doubt you haven't bought all of them. (I have none), so the Wi U shouldn't need focus quite yet.

So IMO, this is the best week of November, and with Ninja gaiden next week it'll be another great week.

mudjo

mudjo said:

I've never really liked Bloons Tower Defence. Apart from in 2009, that was spent playing flash games at school.

UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKDawg said:

Well, don't got a Wii U to bury my time in...
Don't got money for the eShop on 3DS (not really anything worthwhile for me this week) - gotta buy Christmas presents after all.

Guess I'll just focus on Sonic Adventure 2 HD, getting the last 2 Achievements. Then back to something on the Wii (thinking Sonic Colors).

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

@cyrus_zuo - I agree, the dislike before playing isn't a good thing.

Though it has little interest to me, I've wish listed Aero Porter. I kind of like the idea of trying a strange title on a day I am ill. So it might be mine way in the future but for now I'm going to let it slide past me. Now just the wait to the last Guild 01 title, the one that has my interest.

Zemus-DJ

Zemus-DJ said:

Got both PAC-MAN and aero porter =] kinda meh on BTD4 not my cup of tea for a TD game, forget that other game alien blobs.....love me some aliens, but that game is pure meh!!

Windy

Windy said:

@RR529 oh yeah Aero Porter does look cool. I actually downloaded a game last night for kicks and picked up Cute Witches which I played for an hour or 2 and must say im pleasantly surprised it's a game obviously targeted for kids. But the amount of awards is pretty cool and the game itself is kind of relaxing. I think NL gave Cute Witches a 6 or 7 and that rating is right on and there is some fun to be had there.

My only negative was against the VC. They should be firing out about 5 titles a week on VC from Various platforms just my oppinion. I'm also going to jump for joy if Shining force from gamegear ever gets put up.

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

I want to know from Nintendo what the heck is up with the Wii U eShop. When does it get updated? I mean, if they are waiting until it's out in every region or something, fine, but can't they at least tell us that? I'm worried it won't be updated regularly like the Wii and 3DS (not that they necessarily have a steady stream always going). I really don't mind waiting but I just want to know they'll have weekly updates...

Gameday

Gameday said:

PacMan is the MAN , but i think Nintendo is trying to do too much at once and now they dont have their schedules and timing up to par on these releases..

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

I want the Nintendo ID. I want to play all my VC games from my Wii to my 3DS and not to buy them again like this pac-man that is already in Wii VC since years ago.