GAME Bracing Itself For Pre-Launch Wii U Sell Out In The UK

Posted by Damien McFerran

White basic bundle already completely sold out on day one

UK video games retailer GAME has revealed that it expects to sell out of its entire allocation of Wii U consoles before the launch day of 30th November rolls around, but has stated that all current pre-orders will be fulfilled on the day of release.

Speaking to Videogamer.com, a GAME spokesperson replied to questions regarding the company's Wii U stock:

Responding to a question asking whether the retailer expects to sell through its launch day allocation of the Black Wii U Premium Console SKU and Black Wii U Premium Console with ZombiU SKU ahead of release day, GAME replied, "Yes".

It continued: "Nintendo have advised, 'Wii U stock levels will be tight on day one, however we will be providing retailers with regular stock deliveries in the run up to Christmas in order to meet demand as quickly as possible.'"

This prediction appears to be backed up by the fact that the basic white Wii U is no longer available for pre-order on GAME's website. When asked about this, the spokesperson admitted that all of the company's pre-launch allocation of the white Wii U had been snapped up already.

[via videogamer.com]

erv

erv said:

This just might be an exceptionally great launch for nintendo. I sure hope it is :)

MAB

MAB said:

I kind of pity the fools that got a white basic model :) missing out on all those bonus thingumajigs and eShop bonanza savings.

triforcepower73

triforcepower73 said:

Well unless I get one for christmas, I don't think I'll be able to get a wii u for a while. I certainly won't be able to save up $360 in time for the release. :(

adrenochrome

adrenochrome said:

did i miss something or the pro controller has disappeared from the premium zombiu pack ?
in france it not listed in the package, it seems to be only the black wiiu premium + a game :(

NintendoMaster

NintendoMaster said:

It's taking much longer to sell out in the UK than in the US. The Wii U sold out in 2 days in the US at GameStop! I was lucky I reserved my on the day of the conference.

Boo_Buster

Boo_Buster said:

@NintendoMaster Exactly. I went out to Gamestop about 30 minutes after that New York conference ended haha. They were sold out the next day. I know being a launch buyer can have it's negatives, but I trust the big N to release a reliable console.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

@MadAussieBloke I actually disagree. Although, don't get me wrong, I've got my ZombiU pack preordered and awaiting delivery, I guess it's more to needs. People who preordered the white console still obviously value Nintendo enough to make sure they have a day 1 purchase, but these sorts of people will be 'casual' gamers or parents buying it for their relentlessly nagging children.

@adrenochrome Did you 'shop around'? Some outlets are offering the Premium pack +game but the ZombiU pack should still be available with the controller included. As long as it is the ZombiU pack then it should have the controller included.

Arkaein

Arkaein said:

@Tsuchiya it means Stock Keeping Unit. One SKU uniquely identifies a product ordered or sold by a store. When a product is bundled or has distinguishing features, each bundle has its own SKU to differentiate it.