Epic Mickey 2: The Power Of Two Receives Collector's Edition Treatment On Wii

Posted by Orla Madden

Epic is the word you're looking for

Disney's Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two is due to release for the Wii on November 23rd, and fans can look forward to a special Collector's Edition of the game as well as the standard retail copy.

UK retailer GAME has the exclusive on this bundle, which features a copy of the game, an 8GB Oswald-shaped USB stick stuffed with Disney content, an exclusive Mickey or Oswald figurine and a reproduction film cell taken from the 1928 Disney short The Fox Chase. All of this Disney swag will be packaged in a retro TV box.

It comes as a slight surprise to see that the Wii U will be missing out on all this collectible goodness, especially when you consider that it's only released 7 days after the Wii version, on November 30th.

Will any of you be forking out a little extra to purchase this? Let us know in the comments section below.

From the web

NImH said:

It's no surprise that Disney would release a collector's edition.
I'm more excited for Power of Illusion though.

Lunapplebloom said:

What? Why you no give me Wii U collectors edition?

Oh well, guess I'll have to decide which to get now. The decision was so much easier before...

NintyMan said:

That's cool; it sounds even better than the first Epic Mickey's collection. I'm still sticking with the Wii U version, though.

What kind of Disney content is stuffed in the Oswald USB stick anyway?

Kyloctopus said:

Aww man, I want one of those. I got the Epic Mickey 1 Collector's Edition and it was nice.

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Wait, UK only? Good, I was about go off in a furious rage because I just pre-ordered my copy for Wii U so I can get an Oswald Hat.

SheldonRandoms said:

You can just get the Wii version and play it on Wii U, that way you can still get the collector's edition and just play it on Wii U.

Knuckles said:

@#8 1 flaw in your thought. It isn't in beautiful HD. Thats why most people are upset, because they have to choose, collectors edition, or better graphics.

Popyman said:

If this comes to America, I NEED it. I wasn't planning on getting Epic Mickey 2 until I get a Wii U (which I have no idea when that will be...) but I could not turn something like that down.

Wildfire said:

I've already pre-ordered Power of Illusion and that's the Epic Mickey 2 version wich I'm more excited about. With that said I wasn't too sure about wich domestic version to get, but with this collector edition is a no brainer!

seronja said:

meh i'm still geting the wii-u version since i'm more interested in the content of the game and not for content of the package =) i can just go and buy on e-bay these disney "swag" xD

Henmii said:

Sounds nice! But I guess I'll just buy the regular version someday, whether it be on Wii or Wii u.

Though I agree: If this limited edition won't appear on Wii u, it's a bit of a wasted opportunity!