Bumper Sales Make The Last Story XSEED's Most Successful Title Ever

Posted by Damien McFerran

New print run should continue the positive performance

Publisher XSEED - a specialist in localising Japanese titles for western consumption - has announced that RPG The Last Story is its most popular title yet, although it stopped short of divulging precise figures.

The game - which is developed by Hironobu "Final Fantasy" Sakaguchi's studio Mistwalker - launched in North America in August. XSEED has confirmed that a new print run of the game is now available for $29.99 - the original 'premium' run was more expensive, but came with bonus items.

The Last Story launched in Europe earlier this year. We called it "a story that can't be missed" when we reviewed it in February.

[via gameinformer.com]

BenAV

BenAV said:

Good to see it selling well.
I really enjoyed the game and will probably play through it again sometime.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Yeah it is an awesome game, very glad to hear it sold well for them. Makes me wonder how well Xenoblade Chronicles did, that is the greatest game of all time (imo) hence I hope it sold well too :D

luminalace

luminalace said:

Great to hear! Xseed deserved success and hopefully taught Nintendo of America that they really should have stepped in and published the game themselves especially after Operation rainfall! The fans spoke and everybody won!

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

If Xenoblade and Last Story sold well, why Nintendo doesn´t bring Pandora´s Tower too? They said they won´t create more Wii titles but they can bring old games.

Rapido

Rapido said:

Wait, XSeed, the one who localized recent Wild Arms releases. And Final Fantasy Studio? Now, GIMME SOME.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

Thats good to hear, you'd think seeing two out of three Project Rainfall games do good would make Nintendo reconsider releasing Pandora's Tower.

Haven't gotten around to playing it yet but its sitting proudly on my shelf until I do, I like how the case looks like a book.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Awesome, I guess it really paid off to get two copies of that one. And since that now will be a rarer print, it is even better, as a collector's item.

Now, I only played around ten hours of it, since my Wii won't boot up the disc most of the time. Still I loved what I played, and this will be one of the games I will play first when getting a Wii, along with Xenoblade and Mario U.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Is it that popular in America?! I didn't expect it! Many people shouted that they wanted it, but you know how people are! As far as I know, it failed in Europe.

It's a pretty nice game though! And only 30 Dollar now, unmissable!!