Two New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC Level Packs For Japan Today

Posted by Orla Madden

The Coin Rush lives on

Two New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC level packs will be available in Japan today after being announced during the Nintendo Direct broadcast. Both packs will be sold for 200 Yen.

The first set of levels is known as the Gold Mushroom pack and will see the player collect valuable - wait for it - Gold Mushrooms. The second Challenge pack is a sequel to one of the packs that was available in the first set of DLC.

We shouldn't be waiting too long for these packs to head over to the West.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

I downloaded the one where you can get 30,000 coins with one play through of the levels (sadly that's the limit), but that's it. They are a little too much for me, when I can download a full game for like, 5 bucks on the Virtual Console of the Wii or the 3DS, or my Xbox 360 arcade.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Hmmm I thought the idea was to make few, juicy downloads instead of many small ones. I hope Nintendo doesnt make it a common thing. Just imagine a Zelda with this DLC strategy.

Zach777

Zach777 said:

They are here in the U.S. Not too long of a wait... Just got both now :)

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

Being a completist, I'll download these, but I really didn't like the nerve wrack pack from the initial set of DLC (waste of $3 when I could have bought a DSiWare game with that money).

shredmeister

shredmeister said:

FYI, these 2 new DLC level packs are also being sold in the USA, as of 11-25-12. No joke. How did you guys miss that?

TimboBaggins

TimboBaggins said:

This DLC might allow them to test some ideas they would never try in the mainstream release. THis way they could preserve the original spirit of a mario game, but change the formula on the DLC. I hope they take this a lot further.