Super Punch Out!!! Goes For a Club Nintendo Knockout

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

150 coins to get into the bout

Another week, another North American Club Nintendo treat to share with you. This time around there's classic SNES action to enjoy on Wii, with Super Punch Out!!! available until 14th November and stepping up for 150 of your gold coins.

To say that Little Mac's 16-bit appearance is iconic is probably an understatement, with flashy visuals and character sprites that were a noticeable step-up from the original. It's also tricky, to put it mildly, but as our Super Punch Out!!! review explains, that shouldn't put you off.

If you look closely in and around the game's page on the Wii Shop (in North America) you may also see some review quotes from your favourite Nintendo site. So, is this one worthy of your precious Club Nintendo coins?

[via club.nintendo.com]

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

I redeemed my 150 coins yesterday for this! Umm, Nintendo: Any other SNES games you want to release as rewards is fine by me. :-P

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

Liking the recent SNES VC offerings via Club Nintendo. Keep the VC games coming, it's a great way to add them to my collection!

JuanitoShet

JuanitoShet said:

I got excited for nothing... Thought it was for the 3DS. At least Wii owners will enjoy it.

coolvw93

coolvw93 said:

i already have it. it is a great game to play for punch out fans. glad to see good SNES games for rewards though

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

Little Mac looks stupid in this version, but I'm still getting. Come on Ghosts N goblins, give me that post play survey I need already!

Kreegs07

Kreegs07 said:

Is there a slight lag with this game like there is with Punch Out NES on the VC?

Tricoloryoshi

Tricoloryoshi said:

I downloaded it already and I must say this game is insanely difficult.
(Or I just suck) (probably just that I suck)

Ryno

Ryno said:

Wasn't Pilotwings just 100 points? Inflation is even hitting Club Nintendo hard now!.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Definitely getting this. I played the hell out of the old cart back then. And even if it sounds like heresy, I like this one A LOT more than the NES one.

As a fun fact, all voices in this game are courtesy of Charles Martinet, so it is cool to hear something more than his usual Italian impressions.

bngrybt

bngrybt said:

This was always my least favorite Punch-Out game. It just never felt right to me. The music, the look of Mac, the lack of a lot of the good characters... it all seemed off to me.

CrissCross87

CrissCross87 said:

@Ryno Hasn't it always been there? Currently the Domo game is 100 coins, but actually retails for $2. Having a $2 and a $8 game exchange for the same is insulting in my opinion.

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

Super Punch-Out!! is easily the weakest of the 3 Punch-Out!!!'s, but it's still a very good game. Narcasist Prince The princey & prissy pretty boy needs to make a return in a future 3DS/Wii U sequal! :p