Grab your bluntest instruments and aim for the head because NLFM has risen from its grave for the third annual Halloween Hootenanny!
More spooky, more sinister and more deathly, this episode is best listened to in a dark castle dungeon while eating raw pumpkins. Failing that, anywhere else will do.
1. Masanao Akahori — Creature of the Night (Nosferatu, SNES)
2. Junichi Masuda — Lavender Town (Pokemon Red/Blue, Game Boy)
3. David Wise — Haunted Chase (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, SNES)
4. Grant Kirkhope — Mad Monster Mansion (Banjo-Kazooie, N64)
5. Konami — Sanshirou (Goemon's Great Adventure, N64)
6. Matt Furniss — Frank's Theme (Street Racer, SNES)
7. Robin Beanland, Graeme Norgate — Sabrewulf's Theme (Killer Instinct, SNES)
8. Jason Graves — The Hive Mind (Dead Space: Extraction, Wii/PS3)
9. Akira Yamaoka, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn — Always On My Mind (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Wii/PSP/PS2)
10. Kouji Niikura — Don't Cry, Jennifer (Clock Tower, SNES)
In case you've missed out on the fun so far, NLFM generally focuses on music from games playable on Nintendo consoles and handhelds, which, thanks to the Virtual Console, also includes the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and Master System, Turbografx-16, Neo Geo and Commodore 64. It's not all games either as we highlight musicians and albums we really like, as well as your own original gaming compositions.
To avoid the pox upon your house that comes with missing episodes, however sporadic they may be, subscribe to our Podcast feed or download it using this direct link. You can also find us on iTunes (don't forget to rate us!) and also drop original compositions of yours you'd like us to play on the show in our Soundcloud dropbox.