NSMB2 Nintendo Direct Mini Is Now Available In English Flavour

Posted by Damien McFerran

NSMB2 DLC released today in Europe, NoA broadcast on the way

Last Friday, Nintendo Japan released a short Nintendo Direct presentation which featured Satoru Iwata's disembodied head chatting about the brand new DLC packs for New Super Mario Bros. 2. A slightly different version of that same presentation is now available in English, thanks to Nintendo of Europe.

In terms of the details that really matter the packs are available today in Europe; once you've received a notification and followed the instructions the 'Shop' option will appear in the Coin Rush mode. Just like in the recent Japanese broadcast, three packs of three stages were confirmed, going from an easy coin grabbing bonanza to an extremely difficult set; the pricing details are below.

• Three-Pack Set (#1, #2, #3) — £6,00 / €7,50
  • #1: Gold Rush Pack (one star difficulty) — £2,00 / €2,50
  • #2: Coin Challenge Pack A (three star difficulty) — £2,00 / €2,50
  • #3: Nerve-Wrack Pack — £2,00 / €2,50

If those of you in North America are wondering about your own broadcast, the good news is that one is on the way at 07:30 Pacific Time, which is 09:30 Central Time and 10:30 Eastern Time, and we'll be sure to give you all of the details here.

Thanks to Nintendo of Europe you can view the full thing below. Have you decided which pack you're going to purchase yet?

[via nintendo.co.uk]

BenAV

BenAV said:

No packs for me... too busy paying for all my Wii U stuff to buy DLC for a game I never play anyway.

BenAV

BenAV said:

After actually bothering to watch the video, I will say that at least all three packs seem to have a worthwhile purpose.
Still unlikely to purchase them unless I really feel like some 2D Mario or something, which I don't really see happening.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

No thanks Nintendo. If it was Super Mario 3D World DLC packs though - I'd definitely consider them.

R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George said:

Huh, I guess it would be like $3 in america? Also since there is paid DLC, should the download been a bit cheaper?

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

I probably won't buy all of them, definitely this Coin Challenge Pack and the later ones, but we'll see about the others.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

I decided to get the three pack, I wanted to get a little bit more out of NSMB2 after playing it so thoroughly. I've had a surprisingly high amount of replay value out of it.

Buying the three pack was surprisingly easy and convenient, it was not necessary to launch the eShop and when my funds were insufficient (just £0.51), I was allowed to add just the necessary funds to make the purchase (£5.49), instead of increments of £10 or £15.

I've only played the Gold Rush pack so far, it is ridiculously easy to get 30,000 coins and you only need to play the first course well to get enough coins for the entire run, since getting all three 2x multipliers is also very easy.

It's a shame that these packs only contain three levels, I think they should drop the price from £2 a pack to £1.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Are these completely new levels or just levels from the game grouped together as challenges? If they are only challenges like the bi-weekly Mario Kart Wii then they should be free, if they are new levels I'm still surprised nobody is complaining about paying for DL that probably should have been in the game at launch.

um, nice discount on the bundle? What exactly is the point of having a 3-pack bundle if it's going to cost exactly the same as buying all 3 individually, that makes no sense. In America it will cost more to buy the bundle b/c everything always ends in 9 here, so $1.99 + $1.99 + $1.99 or $5.99. Yes I know it's only 2 cents more, but it's still more. Or $2.49 + $2.49 + $2.49 or $7.49. Oh well, the kids have the game on their Christmas lists so maybe they'll be on sale after that.

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

I'm nearly at a million,so I might not bother,them levels do look pretty good mind.

Shame they didn't do this for Mario Kart 7,and 3D Land.

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

I'll get them when they hit US. Besides, maybe that will send the message to Nintendo that certain titles can benefit from DLC (I'm looking at you, Smash Bros). Well, as long as they handle DLC correctly.

After all, I agree that this would've been great for MK7 or 3D Land.

Scary_Old_Lady

Scary_Old_Lady said:

Pack Idea: Time for Time Pack: Start with 10 seconds, and collect clocks with 5 seconds to survive! Get coins too! To Nintendo, if yu read this top up my account so I can buy my own creation, thanks! Please. coughs

Xilef

Xilef said:

@rjejr This is completely new levels. And the reason no one is complaining is because they made these levels after the game was released. They didn't hold off levels already in the game and released them as day-one DLC like most devs do, but rather 1 1/2 month later. That's why no one is complaining.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

@Pengaweeno I can see this happening.
Try playing Coin Challenge A, it features a lot of 10-second clocks already to give you the time to milk a stage.

SilverLightning

SilverLightning said:

how do you buy them in the eshop it says it will take me to new super mario bros 2 but theres nothing there

Tobias95

Tobias95 said:

How do I get the notifications? its on Eshop, I have this game, all I need is to get the notification that alows me to buy em!

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Xilef - "but rather 1 1/2 month later. That's why no one is complaining."

But Reggie said a "launch window" is 6 months long, so doesn't that make these "launch'" levels? ;-)