Nintendo Direct: Watch The North American Presentation Live

Posted by Damien McFerran

Tune in

Nintendo of American is holding a Nintendo Direct presentation today at 7AM PT. You can watch the live feed right here. The video is expected to last around 30 minutes.

Expect news relating to new 3DS titles, with a look at what the system has in store for 2013.

Live Text - Updates will load here automatically, no need to refresh the page.

15:29

That's all, folks...

15:27

15:26

15:25

15:25

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is the official title in NA!

15:24

You said it, Reggie!

15:24

Admit it. You want this game.

15:24

15:23

15:22

DLC will also be coming to the US

15:22

15:21
15:20

Tokyo Crash Mobs is the Puzzloop sequel we reported on AGES ago

15:20

Ninja Gaiden! Woot!

15:19

Pretty solid content coming to the eShop right now!

15:18

Night Sky is also available today in NA!

15:18

Liberation Maiden available now in NA eShop!

15:18

15:17

December 27th for that one

15:17

Again, we saw some of Fluidity Spin Cycle during the Japanese presentation

15:17

Create your own puzzles in Crashmo - out November 22nd!

15:16

15:15

Crashmo is up next, we already saw some of this in the Japanese Nintendo Direct

15:14

Both packs are available in NA now

15:12

NSMB2 DLC course packs news now...

15:11

Style Savvy Trendsetters, check out the review - it's actually pretty good! http://www.nintendolife.com/games/3ds/style_savvy_trendsetters

15:11

10 more lessons for Art Academy in the coming months

15:08

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - have you checked out our review yet? http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/professor_layton_and_the_miracle_mask

15:06

OK, that looks amazing.

15:06

GOAT ATTACK

15:05

Remember, we got some hands-on time with this at the EB Expo recently, check out the feature via the Paper Mario Stick Star game page!

15:04

"Top notch humour" Count us in!

15:02

15:02

Stickers are one-shot attacks!

15:01

Paper Mario 3DS is more level based

15:01

Paper Mario Stick Star!

15:01

It's Reggie!

14:51

T-Minus 10 minutes...

14:44

Japan is done, next up: North America!

Void

Void said:

/Yawns
Im a wake.
Why do they have to do these so early? I mean, the sun is only now rising.. :P

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

That' because were in Europe and we already saw the Japanese direct.

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

I wonder what kind of possible excuses Reggie gives us today. I at least hope we get some news that's worth this Nintendo Direct.

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

A goat ate the zoo map I was holding before I even knew what was happening. They are not exaggerating the paper-eating talents of goats, believe you me. :)

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

Zuma with an Asian flash mob? Surprised to see something like that make it to the states. :D

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

Hmm, well I guess that vid. just confirmed that 3DS VC list I saw earlier this month on IGN's site.

Robby

Robby said:

I just watting on animal crossing. I using a San disk on my 3d. Just 4 song & pitcher. :)

Void

Void said:

THEY BUTCHERED FIRE EMBLEM.
Why did you have to butcher the names and make them so much weirder than what they were in Japan. ;___;

bahooney

bahooney said:

So pumped for this, my 3DS needs some loving. But, oh my God, I want to fire whoever named the new Animal Crossing. "Jump Out/Tobidase" was so much better.

Mollutje

Mollutje said:

Well.. nothing too shocking here.. I'm kind of bummed out by the fact that they didn't give us a more in depth look at Luigi's Mansion. Gives me the impression it'll still be a while before they release it in 2013.

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

First thing that crossed my mind seeing K.K. Slider as a DJ?

"NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING" ;)

Emaan

Emaan said:

Why don't they give us solid release dates for all these 2013 games already? Its not that far off. I'm disappointed with the Animal Crossing: New Leaf title. What was wrong with Jump Out? :O

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

So Sticker Star uses a world map like a traditional Mario game? Because that sounds awesome. :O

Void

Void said:

I don't remember what I thought Nicalls was called, but I didn't think it was "Nick AL's"

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

i will love DJ K.K. xD

i saw pes 2013 in the end trailer
was there any news on that game?

Shiromikio

Shiromikio said:

"Early 2013" for Animal Crossing: New Leaf ... the hype train still has a ways to go. Nice to know there are 10 more NAA lessons coming. Fluidity Spin Cycle seems like a nice game (really like the concept of the main character as water able to shift forms). Fire Emblem: Awakening looks good, but alas, I'm not into strategy RPGs so I'll pass.

Still no sign of the silver/white XL. At this rate it's beginning to look like it won't make it to the holiday lineup.

Dodger

Dodger said:

Lots of nice stuff. No Animal Crossing release date. That's really about it.

Jahir

Jahir said:

Seems like I won't be able to buy the WiiU in a next few months due to all these awesome games coming out.

But the Nintendo 3DS is DOOMED!!!

Ecto-1

Ecto-1 said:

Sooo... where is today's Nintendo Download? I might pick up one of the new Mario DLC packs; the Gold Rush pack from before was a lot of fun, so I might get the Gold Mushroom pack. Wish they'd release a new color for the XL.

Boo_Buster

Boo_Buster said:

T'was a very fun NDirect this morning :D Any game where you can attack with a goat is a must have, Fire Emblem looks (I dislike the overuse of this word but it certainly applies here) epic, and I still can not wait to play Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, even though they pretty much ignored it today.

Boo_Buster

Boo_Buster said:

@Shiromikio I'm a bit strapped for cash with the Wii U and games, a new car and some other whatnots on the budget in the next few months, but I'd break $200 out for the White 3DSXL my Nintendo friend!

Konata

Konata said:

Just finished watching it on the all amazing youtube.

I enjoyed it very much! I wasn't excited for Fire Emblem but now I am really excited about it!
Of course my favorite part was about Animal crossing though :D

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

All these games look pretty fun. Fire Emblem looks better than I expected, Animal Crossing is the s***, Crashmo looks ALOT harder than Pushmo,Wario Land 2 is going to be a day 1 purchase for me(never played), Luigi's Mansion is day one for me, Monster Hunter will be cool(especially w/ cross play!), and PAPER MARIO! My wallet will be empty by the end of the year for sure. haha.

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

Why is Nintendo focusing on 3DS right now? The Wii U is less than a month away and there are still too many questions unanswered for them to be sitting on their thumbs like this. I think we all expected Nintendo to open up about Wii U this month, and now it looks as though we won't have our questions answered until we have already hooked up our new consoles to our entertainment centers. If Nintendo's not willing to talk about Wii U's online and eShop capabilities, how can they expect us not to assume the worst?

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox said:

@Rapadash6: That's exactly what I'm thinking. It's worrisome that Nintendo seems to have nothing further to say about the Wii U before launch. There's still time, but it's growing shorter.

Void

Void said:

@Rapadash6 They just want to wait as long as they can so it takes longer for Sony and Microsoft to rip them off. :P

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

Fire Emblem.... I so want that out of everything shown here today. I'll try and beat Scared Stones first.
Also Crashmo and Crimson Shroud are being watched by me.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

Ya know, i'm really starting to dislike Reggie....Howard however is the man. He had far more 'character'(hell he wore a bow tie!) and likability factor than the sales pitching robot Reggie. Not only that, but i hate this dismal mellow/serious hip Ambient music playing in the background. None of this feels like Nintendo, it's like 'presentation'-wise they've sold out and have become simular in tone to Sony. Miyamoto is the only one in the crew who is still carrying that nintendo magic.

Power of Illusion is definitly my most anticipated title, followed by Luigi's Mansion...And then there's the release of the I don't give a funk if it's 'mediocre' Castlevania: The Adventure :p And while Sticker Star looks amazing, turn based combat just isn't my thing...But meh, i'm still willing to give it a shot. And Crashmo looks....well...Akward. :p

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

Props for releasing Tokyo Crash Mobs in America. Never thought that one would make it to the west.

Candy811

Candy811 said:

For me: Harvest Moon: The New Beginning 3D-Nov. 6th
Paper Mario Sticker Star and I can't wait for Animal Crossing and Luigi Mansion.
and that's pretty much it so far.

I am also looking forward to some of the upcoming downloads on Eshop.