Nintendo Announces Big eShop Releases Coming This Year

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Hydroventure, Denpa Men, Hana Samurai and Nano Assault EX on the way

For those that enjoy filling up their 3DS SD card with a variety of high-quality download titles, Nintendo of Europe's Nintendo Direct broadcast brought a fair bit of good news regarding games that we can expect to see soon. Perhaps the most eagerly anticipated is Hana Samurai: Art of the Sword, known as Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword in North America. It's a game that we rated highly with a score of 8/10 in our Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword review, and it finally arrives at £6.29/€6.99 in next week's European update.

Another highly rated title set to hit Europe this year is The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave, the recent AR-heavy RPG which we awarded an impressive 9/10 in our review, though it has no firm release date yet. Nano Assault EX is also due this year, with footage showing that the eShop follow-up is bringing across the high quality visuals from its retail predecessor — which never made it to Europe — and this title will of course be joined by Nano Assault Neo on the Wii U eShop. Finally, Hydroventure: Spin Cycle — also known as Fluidity: Spin Cycle — arrives in December, with Nintendo of America pinning its release down to 27th December.

So, that's four 3DS eShop titles that are already highly regarded or have high expectations upon them, all coming to the European eShop before the end of the year; North America can also look forward to Fluidity: Spin Cycle and, in all likelihood, Nano Assault EX in 2012. Don't forget that we've also brought you the happy news about Fallblox/Crashmo in November and three of the Guild01 games all coming to the 3DS eShop.

Lots to looks forward to, but which of these are you most keen to download?

Related Games

Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee said:

Hydrophobia? I thought it was a port/sequel to that PSN/XBLA game.

Obviously you meant Hydroventure, but was it a mistake or intentional?

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Well I was looking forward to Cave Story, NightSky, Defenders of Oasis, Master of Darkness, Mega Man 1-3, Balloon Fight, Ice Climber and Harvest Moon actually. Please tell me some of these are coming out this year Nintendo - because 4 releases for the rest of the year is nothing to be excited about.

GameCube

GameCube said:

Does Nano Assault EX lose any stuff from the retail version, or is it basically the retail version + extras (i.e. the reverse of Freakyforms Deluxe)?

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@Gavin_Rozee Yikes, I meant Hydroventure (which I'd written correctly in the article, but got wrong in the tagline). That's now been corrected.

I've also added reminders about Fallblox and the three Guild01 games at the end, in case anyone missed it earlier.

RetroGBHippie92

RetroGBHippie92 said:

Where's cave story? I'm glad vvvvvv is out now and I was immensely happy about this weeks Nintendo direct and eshop offerings, I just would like to see Nintendo keep this up and I'm glad we're eventually getting The Denpamen and some more games like Nano Assault Ex, which never got released here in retail format. Congratulations Nintendo, you won me back yet again!!

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I'll get Nano assault EX and Liberation maiden at some point. I'm not interested in the rest though, especially not Ugly samurai: Art of the sword.

Dentyone

Dentyone said:

I live in the US and I've got to tell you guys, if you're not excited for Sakura Samurai, you should be. It's a really incredible title.

BenAV

BenAV said:

As someone who has been doing quite a bit of complaining about the European eShop recently, I had high hopes that we'd get some good news out of the presentation.
They delivered.

wuuds

wuuds said:

i was sliding into a bit of negativity for a while there because of America playing Denpa Men, Cave Story and Hana Samurai but thank you Nintendo.. you have prevented my sinking into depression with an awesome presentation!
so many great things coming
today.. i download Suda51's latest weirdness :D

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Probably getting all those games mentioned at some point. Guild 01 is three ganes isn't it? I thought the Japanese retail game had 4? Anyway, this is good, but there's no Cave Story or Night Sky.

BJQ1972

BJQ1972 said:

Very impressed with Nintendo's release schedule for the next two quarters. Some cracking download software. Hopefully the Wii U fill follow suit.

okamiki

okamiki said:

Hana Samurai for me next week but I´ll do what I can to buy Liberation Maiden.

By the way, can someone tell me how Crimson Shroud is?? I couldn´t fine any quality info about it.

Wildfire

Wildfire said:

Already playing Liberation Maiden from Suda 51! Pretty sweet!!
And next week Hana Samurai! And even more 'till the end of the year!!
Man!This was an impressive Nintendo Direct!

Samholy

Samholy said:

Guild01 looks quite weird, and im really tempted to get it. the men behind this thing is convincing enoguh to give it a try.

nano assault is instant win, ill get this. dont forget mariokart 7 digital download too, and mario tennis !

Fuzyknickknacks

Fuzyknickknacks said:

Crashmo next month, I still have to download Denpamen and Cave Story, finally Nintendo is doing right, they're taking all my money :)

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

@SteveW,

Yeah I agree the only one that look's interesting is Crashmo & maybe fludity the rest of my dl's in the e-shop are all retail gone digital. lol. :D

Happy Gaming! (^_^)