Ninja Gaiden 3 Wii U Confirmed for January 2013 Release In Europe
Posted by Damien McFerran
Exclusive features detailed
Nintendo Europe has confirmed that Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge will launch on January 11th 2013.
The blood-soaked action title comes to Europe almost two months after it sees release in North America. The street date in that region is November 18th - Wii U launch day.
Here's the list of exclusive Wii U features, ripped from the twitching corpse of the press release:
- The return of Dismemberment: The Wii U version of the game restores enemies’ ability to fight with severed arms or legs, requiring players to stay nimble with their battle strategies.
- Ayane as a playable character: In previous versions of the game, Ayane appeared only briefly in one cut scene. Now players can help her progress through her own exclusive chapters using a special set of weapons and Ninpo attacks.
- Character-progression system: Using Karma points earned during gameplay, players can upgrade weapons and Ninpo, learn new moves, increase their HP level and unlock new character costumes.
- Ryu and Ayane playable in co-op mode: For the first time, players can use Ryu or Ayane to represent themselves in the game’s online co-op mode.
- Test of Valor battle areas: Each chapter includes a hidden battle area called Test of Valor. Upon finding hidden Crystal Skulls, players will be transported to these areas to face down waves of enemies and classic NINJA GAIDEN boss characters with new moves.
- Wii U GamePad Functionality: Using the Wii U GamePad, players can easily change weapons or Ninpo attacks, and also quickly reference the button inputs required for various combo attacks without ever stopping the action.
- Additional Playable Characters: After the launch of the game, additional playable characters will become available as free downloadable content. More information on these characters will be revealed at a later time.