New Animal Crossing 3DS Details Reveal Streetpass Mode

Posted by Orla Madden

More reasons to become a recluse

Fresh information about Animal Crossing: Jump Out has been updated on the Animal Crossing 3DS official website.

A new Streetpass mode is included, where other players can view your badges that you obtain from Palotini, who rewards you for your hard work — that includes catching fishes, gathering a variety of stuff from the ocean and pulling weeds. These badges will be displayed on your profile so others can view them.

Gamers can work part-time at the town's cafe. Your reward will be unique furniture for your house, which is pretty neat. On the topic of items, if you become good friends with one of the villagers and they might send you a special letter with a photo attached that you can place in your house. An interesting feature is that you can take 3D in-game pictures, so we wonder if you can repay the favour by sending your good friend a picture of yourself?

Animals from surrounding villages will come to visit in the camp grounds. You can play games with them such as gesture games or rock, paper, scissors. You'll also be able to play hide and seek with the villagers that you're good friends with, and you will be compensated with items if you manage to find every one of them.

We personally can't wait to get our grubby paws on the newest addition to the Animal Crossing series. What do you think of these new details? Excited yet?

[via gonintendo.com]

BenAV

BenAV said:

It's all sounding rather fun.
Can't wait to finally play it next year.

bahooney

bahooney said:

I feel like saying more reasons to become a recluse when the headline is about streetpassing (which, y'know, requires going around people) was a bit silly.

Regardless, this game looks amazing.

Victoria

Victoria said:

I'd be more excited if they'd just give us the release date already! grrrrr

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

These are all pretty nice new features added to Animal Crossing: Jump Out imo. The one that really seems the most interesting to me is the whole working part-time at the town cafe. Sounds pretty fun. All in all, I hope the US gets this very early 2013.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

Even more reasons to be excited about this game and I agree with @3DSLUIGI that the part-time job at the cafe is the most interesting feature of these new ones. This should be an excellent game.

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

This is probably the game I wanted most out of all of the early announcements. It's too bad it looks like it'll be the last one to actually be released...

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

I'm glad that you can block Mr.Resetti, my mum and little sister actually thought he was offensive. XD

sc100

sc100 said:

I'm glad you'll be able to work part-time at different places. That was one of the things I was thinking would add the most to the Animal Crossing experience. I'm convinced this will be the best sequel yet! So much new stuff it's hard to keep track of!

mudjo

mudjo said:

Not all of those are new features, are they?

Balloon presents, I'm looking at you!

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

Theres something about Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon that makes seemingly mundane tasks fun. I hope to see more activities like the part-time job, this looks to be one of the biggest and longest lasting games yet.

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

"You can now look up at the sky to see things such as a beautiful rainbow after it rains, aurora on cold nights, clouds in the summer, gorgeous shooting stars and balloons with presents. Presents!"

These things are already in WW and CF.

koolkris200

koolkris200 said:

I have played the original GameCube game of this and you could be playing it for hours and hours it's addicting. the nintendo ds one was kinda boring I probably won't buy it for my nintendo 3ds xl i am probably going to get Roller Coaster tycoon 3ds.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I wish I had more people to interact with, then I'd consider the purchase. Can't quite get motivated to take the AC plunge all over again en route to becoming a millionaire...