Little Inferno Aiming to Light Its Wii U Fire on Launch Day

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Get those eShop cards ready

Little Inferno is quite possibly one of the most fascinating upcoming Wii U eShop titles, as it's from the creators of WiiWare classic World of Goo as well as Henry Hatsworth in The Puzzling Adventure on DS. It's also interesting because all we've seen is teaser footage, so we're yet to find out how the actual game plays or works.

As revealed last week in the substantial list of Wii U launch titles in North America, Little Inferno is due to arrive in November along with a host of other downloads. Its developer, Tomorrow Corporation, has provided an update on its blog to confirm that the target date is launch day, rather than the loosely defined 'November' provided by Nintendo, while also promising new gameplay footage soon.

You can check out the peculiar teaser once again below, and don't forget to read our interview with Tomorrow Corporation, where they explain how the company was formed, how Little Inferno has progressed and why it's a "perfect colourful toybox for pyromaniacs".

[via tomorrowcorporation.com]

Drewroxsox

Drewroxsox said:

I'm just waiting for a little kid to start burning their toys in real life, so that the parents can say that they were influenced by this, and try to sue

BenAV

BenAV said:

Awesome!
I haven't even seen any gameplay but that teaser is so awesome so I'm very interested.
Hopefully it turns out well and comes out in Europe/Australia soon enough.

It's Little Inferno just for me!

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Considering the reputation of the devs, it'll most likely be good and an insta-download. I like their works.

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

Trine 2 & Little Inferno are gonna make good use of my Nintendo Network Premium subscription :D

rjejr

rjejr said:

So what's the gameplay like? The teaser looks like an SNL commercial for a kids toy but I have no idea what you do in the game. Burn stuff to keep the fire lit without burning your house down? . WoG was great so I have faith but I'ld still like to know what type of game this.

SaSoBe

SaSoBe said:

This is... so creepy. Seriously. But in a good way, of course.

I might dowload it, if the game play looks like fun.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

I'm scared I might end up just downloading everything with my premium subscription! This game should be interesting...

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Alright you developers out there, THIS is how a fireplace simulator should be done. xD

Bane

Bane said:

World of Goo was awesome so ill get this one Awesome trailer.!

Radixxs

Radixxs said:

I already know how you play the game thanks to to Nintendo Power. Who needs the Internet when you have Nintendo Power?

GamecubeMan

GamecubeMan said:

Rad, but havent seen the actual gameplay but 2D boy is such a great dev that I will get it regardless :D

3dbrains

3dbrains said:

well that was freaky.
I am disturbed that I really want this game now.
That was dark.