Ken's Rage Cannot Be Contained By PS3 And 360 Alone, Wii U Version Confirmed

Posted by Damien McFerran

Fist of the North Star sequel says you're already dead

The sequel to 360 and PS3 brawler Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage has been confirmed as coming to the Wii U.

Based on one of the most famous anime franchises of all time, Ken's Rage 2 looks disarmingly similar to its prequel and uses Koei's long-running Dynasty Warriors template as its foundation.

This means fighting through screens full of enemies using ridiculously over-powered moves. With it being a Fist of the North Star licence, you can expect plenty of head-popping gore, as well. The game will be punching its way to all formats early in 2013.

Here's the smoking gun, with Wii U logo nestled at the bottom:

[via electronictheatre.co.uk]

GameLord08

GameLord08 said:

As days go past, the Wii U is increasingly getting more and more proficient in attracting better multi-platform support. Nice advancement.

Zyph

Zyph said:

Nice news. More multi-platform titles on the system, the better. :)

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

I clicked on this news with excitement, but I was already dead. -head explodes-

Vehemont

Vehemont said:

Never heard of it either and can't say im excited by looking at the screenshots either, but anyways it is good to see the Wii U getting more support.

Nekketsu3D

Nekketsu3D said:

I enjoyed a great time with the first Ken's Rage for 360, I hope this amuses me the same way, although I buy it in 360, not on WiiU.

shinpichu

shinpichu said:

@grimbldoo
I assume we are talking about the 7 points on his chest. As someone who actually watched the show this game is based on, I can tell you that those are scars given to him by one of his foes before the series began.

If you would like proof, you can watch the whole show subbed on Hulu.

Void

Void said:

Never mind bullets, I wonder how many steroids that guy took...

grimbldoo

grimbldoo said:

@shinpichu #13
I am sorry sir, but you are mistaken, those are indeed nipples.
You may need some glasses or just a refresher in human anatomy.

shinpichu

shinpichu said:

@grimbldoo
I know they look kinda like nipples, but they aren't. Scars in Anime and Manga are very different from how they are in real life.

Edit: Also, I do wear glasses, and human anatomy tells me that people only have two nipples, and that they don't form dipper-shaped patterns across peoples chests. Edit 2: Perhaps you need glasses, since last I checked nipples aren't that color, and they point outwards, not inwards.

And about how roided out he looks: TRUST ME, Kenshiro(the guy with blue hair) looks positively tiny compared to a lot of the villains in the show.

DamoAdmin

Damo said:

@grimbldoo I think you'll find that @shinpichu is correct. Ken was given those seven scars by his rival Shin, and they are referenced many, many times afterwards (one of his nicknames is The Man with Seven Wounds).

If you watch the excellent anime movie (which I believe is available on YouTube in its entirety) then you'll see what happens...it's quite disturbing, though. You'll never poke someone in the chest in the same way again.

shinpichu

shinpichu said:

@Damo
Was the movie not as censored as the TV show was? Most of the violence and blood was blacked out in the show. Though I haven't watched in a while, so I'm not sure if they censored the scene where he gets his scars.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I agree with Shinpichu.

The funny thing is that if you look at that poster, none of the characters have any nipples at all!

About the game, I will have to check the first one to see how it looks like. I really hate trailers that do not show gameplay.

grimbldoo

grimbldoo said:

@Damo #19 and @shinpichu #18
I am amazed at your inability to discern what a nipple is. He clearly has seven nipples, how you can not see that is beyond me.

@sinalefa #21
Seriously. The first time I breezed over the poster and noticed the bullet wounds, and then I saw The_Fox's comment, #8, so I scrolled back up again and saw the complete absence of nipples. What is up with that?

grimbldoo

grimbldoo said:

@shinpichu #25
That took you quite a while there. At first I was just poking fun, but then you thought I was being serious. So I just had to continue.