GamerPrint Gets Festive With Video Game Christmas Cards

Posted by Orla Madden

Ho Ho Bros

It's almost that time of year, when everyone is merry, bright, and decking the halls with boughs of holly. Whether we like it or not, it's creeping up fast. Buying cards for this festive time, meanwhile, can often be a little bit dull, but GamerPrint has something to offer gamers for the upcoming holiday season.

The gaming enthusiast's site has designed a set of original Christmas cards inspired by some of the most famous video game characters of all time, such as Mario (Super Mario Bros.), Pikachu (Pokémon), and Snake (Metal Gear Solid). Imagine the smile on your loved one's face as he/she receives one of these cards, or their disappointment if you don't get them a game to go with it.

At £8 for a set of 10, this could be worth a look if the designs grab your attention; you can check out the site at the link below to see all ten variations. So, are you tempted?

[via gamerprint.co.uk]

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

I'm pretty sure these are based off of Mario, Portal, Zelda, Sonic, Halo, Pokemon, LittleBigPlanet, Metroid, and Metal Gear Solid. The only one I have no clue of is the white box with the two red stripes.

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

@Luigifan141
The red and white one is supposed to be for Assassin's Creed. "Everything is permitted, nothing is true," is a common phrase used in the series.

Shane904

Shane904 said:

(In order of the cards on the page - according to their file names)
Mario
GLaDOS
Link
Sonic
Ezio
Master Chief
Pikachu
Sackboy
Samus
Snake

photofool83

photofool83 said:

Was it just me or was anyone else wondering what game features a man in a speedo? (Referring to the Samus card)

photofool83

photofool83 said:

How could I have forgotten about that gem? Hey, maybe it really is a Muscle March card and we've all got it wrong.

McHaggis

McHaggis said:

Personally, I think these are pretty poor. I'd expect not even my gamer friends to "get" some of them, like the Samus and Sonic. Most of the greetings are rubbish, too, with the exception of Snake's card.

Given that there appears to be nothing special about them either―there's no mention of hand-made features beyond ordinary printed card―they seem rather expensive too at 80p each. I'd have no problem paying that if the cards had something premium about them like embossing or 3D cut outs or something.

IMO, FAIL.

ogo79

ogo79 said:

WaveWitch, i wonder which card you will send me along with another copy of little samson this year. i can use some extra copies of power blade 2 and panic restaurant as well. :*