Burger King Reveals Wii U Promotional Toys

Posted by Orla Madden

Lots of burgers to get them all

Burger King has revealed its latest batch of children's toys in the form of famous Nintendo characters, alongside its promotional Wii U giveaway. We were aware that the fast food chain was scheduled to include Wii U toys in its kid's meals across the US, but no idea was given as to when these would arrive.

Earlier this week Burger King updated the Toys Section of its website detailing what's on offer, providing ten different toys to be served in its new BK CROWN Activity Boxes, each of which we have included below for you to see.

Instead of some throwaway plastic toys, maybe it was over-optimistic — to put it mildly — to hope that interactive NFC toys would actually be part of the promotion. Considering that none of Wii U's launch games use the NFC technology, we shouldn't be surprised.

[via eon.businesswire.com, nintendonerds.com]

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

Donkey and Diddy Kong aren't even confirmed to be in any Wii U games so they're not really relevant to the theme.

RebeccaGunn

RebeccaGunn said:

The Mario and Luigi figures are neat and the hanging Diddy's are a cool idea + Koopa-Troopa Sharpener(?) - but then they got lazy and rehashed old toy ideas.

Also I feel BK dropped the ball big time, why is it I cannot open a BK Crown Wii U meal and find Pikmin in my box? : ( DREAMS CRUSHED

Doge

Doge said:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepic fffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaail! why didnt nintendo stop this #$%@

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

lol at how Mario is striking a pose, but Luigi is showing bad posture though he's doing the same thing. XD

Anyway, as an employee we all got to take a Mario home with us. There aren't any other ones in our store at the moment, though.

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox said:

I actually liked the Barrel of Monkeys toy as a kid (where you build a chain of monkeys by holding on to only the top of the chain).

Cevan

Cevan said:

I actually wouldn't mind getting that Diddy Kong one. I loved the barrel of monkeys when I was younger, so Nintendo ones would actually be kind of cool. Besides that though, none of these toys interest me.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Maybe it was easier to build, but I love how the Gamepad has circle pads instead of sticks.

Link-Hero

Link-Hero said:

Here is the TV commercial for this promotion I saw a few days ago on Nickelodeon.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

lol @ the people moaning about these. They're free toys. And seem pretty good for what they are. What did you expect? Free Wii U in every box?

Pikachupwnage

Pikachupwnage said:

These are terrible/meh......Except the diddy kong monkeys those are pretty cool. I guess the shell is cool.

Intrepid

Intrepid said:

The Mario, Luigi, and Koopa Shell figures look interesting, but nothing else.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

My sister and I have been going to Burger King last week, and we only got the Mario figurine twice. If anything, I'd like to get the barrel full of Diddy Kongs at least.

Prof_Clayton

Prof_Clayton said:

That's only 9 toys. The article says 10. Am I missing something? Orla better not be saving the good one for herself. ;)

KAHN

KAHN said:

at least it's not mcdonalds. burger king has REAL toys, not those plastic models at mcdonalds.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

I've got the Mario....I really want the Diddy monkeys for some reason. :p And Luigi. I wish the Donkey Kong didn't look as cheap as it does....I mean, I guess it is a BK toy

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Whoa. Beat-boxing children and Mario Crowns! Wii U just won this generation.
(But seriously, the ad is kind of cute. Won't help their argument that Wii U is for the older, mature gamers.... but I don't care. Keep the kids happy and you keep this 31-year-old kid happy, too.)

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

I hope this comes to the UK Burger King,then I'll finally enter one of these foreign food shops.