2 Fast 4 Gnomz Socking it to 3DS eShop Soon

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

You collect socks, by the way

Some of you may remember 2 Fast 4 Gnomz from earlier this year on WiiWare, its February release making it one of a small group of 2012 arrivals on the platform. It seems that developer QubicGames is more than aware of the fact that this one was maybe a little late to the Wii Shop party, as it's now confirmed 2 Fast 4 Gnomz for the 3DS eShop. It'll arrive in North America on 1st November, with no details yet on when it'll hit Europe.

It obviously wasn't that long ago that we played this on Wii, and we had some favourable comments to share as we awarded 6/10 in our review. With humorous cutscenes and fun visuals and sound it made some good impressions, though the runner-style platforming action had a few gameplay quirks that held it back. It'll be interesting to see whether any of these areas have been improved in the 3DS eShop version, and whether the 3D visuals will get rid of pesky issues such as discerning hazards from the background.

We don't have long to wait before we find out, but until then you can check out the trailer, below.

Pikachupwnage

Pikachupwnage said:

In my experience games that use z instead of s for a plural world tend to be terrible

Not interested in the slightest. Even If I was there is to much to buy this holiday season to waste time or money with this.

MrWezzle

MrWezzle said:

@Pikachupwnage Haha, you took the words right out of my mouth. Any game that needs to misspell with a Z to get my attention is a game that likely doesn't deserve it. There are too many great things headed to the NA eShop in the coming weeks to worry about some sub-par runner.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

The 3ds, known most for having most its titles as infinite runners :p how about a nice zombie shooter on it!

RR529

RR529 said:

Not Interested. Liberation Maiden & NightSky are pretty much going to deplete my eShop funds for a bit, anyways.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

Love Bit Trip Runner, so I will probably get this. I hope the original Gnomz is ported as well!

accc

accc said:

It's quite a good game if you can overlook a few minor control issues and other quirks. I had a blast playing the Wiiware version to 100% completion. Not sure if I'll double dip, thanks to all the other excellent games coming out soon, but anybody who missed it on Wiiware and likes Bit Trip Runner-styled games should look into it!

accc

accc said:

PS It didn't occur to me at first, but now that it's in 3D, there shouldn't be any more issues distinguishing between foreground obstacles and background scenery like there was on the Wii.

WesCash

WesCash said:

It's an alright Wiiware game. I know this from playing the demo 2 or 3 times. My friends think it's hilarious to download demos for games that look terrible onto any Wii that they can, and then play them to see how bad they are....

LittleKing

LittleKing said:

Looks like the smaller viewing area will make this game suffer a further case of "hit obstacle, respawn, remember to dodge obstacle, hit another obstacle" fever. From the trailer, you can see almost nothing.