Zero Escape To Get Second Wave Of Pre-Order Watches

Posted by Shaan Joshi

"VLR infection" runs rampant, officials to produce more inoculation devices

Last week, Aksys Games announced a pre-order bonus item for Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. The item in question was a digital watch, which is based on an 'inoculation device' featured in the game. Unfortunately, the pre-order bonus, which was limited to Amazon, sold out within a day.

Thankfully, Aksys has confirmed that they plan to release a second batch of 'inoculation devices', which will be available starting September 28th. If you've already pre-ordered, Aksys has released the following statement to clear up any questions regarding eligibility.

Pre-order bonuses will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis.

If you ordered a pre-order bundle prior to the “first wave”:

Those who have pre-ordered prior to “first wave” of pre-order bonuses will still receive the bundle. This means that if you placed your pre-order prior to September 17th, 2012, you will receive the watch. Do not cancel and re-order.

For those who pre-ordered a “standard edition” after the “first wave” sold out:

This pre-order bonus offer is not retroactive. Purchasers must cancel their “standard edition” order and pre-order the “pre-order bonus bundle” when it becomes available on September 28, 2012.

You can check out Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward when it launches for both Nintendo 3DS this October in North America, and November for Europe.

[via siliconera.com]

BenAV

BenAV said:

Totally forgot this was on the way.
Will hopefully be able to buy it on launch, but my Wii U games are my first priority.
Either way, this is one of few 3DS games coming out this year that I'm looking forward to.

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

Bummer, I did not know about this game or that there was a pre-order bonus till now. Kinda wish gamestop had the pre-order bonus, that watch looks Niiicce

pariah164

pariah164 said:

I will wait and hope the watch bonus comes out as a separate purchase. I bought the last one separate, and I'll do the same for this one.

ueI

ueI said:

I'd rather not buy the game online, so no watch for me.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

That watch looks pretty nice, not too obviously game related or anything. I wonder if its decent quality or more like those cheapy Mcdonalds kid's meal ones.

Either way I'll probably wait on it, I doubt I'd even wear it in the first place.

Torchwood

Torchwood said:

I preordered it on the one day it was previously available! But I wish they would have let you choose the color. Still, awesome preorder bonus, I wish other companies would take note of this.

LAA

LAA said:

I guess this isnt coming to UK then? Sigh...
Amazon UK doesnt even have a picture up for the box art of this game yet.

KneehighPark

KneehighPark said:

@A-Hungry-Banker Doesn't look like it unfortunately. This pre-order bonus is being handled by Aksys Games, and Rising Star Games is publishing in Europe...

Aksys might sell these watches on their website post-launch, so maybe you can pick one up then?