Watch Ace Attorney 5's Latest TGS Trailer

Posted by Katy Ellis

Complete with handy subtitles

Capcom has given courtroom fans a chance to get a first look at the upcoming Ace Attorney 5 with the latest trailer fresh from Tokyo Game Show, featuring the return of everyone's favourite defence attorney Phoenix Wright.

Earlier this month we reported that Phoenix Wright would be making his grand return on the 3DS console, and only a few days later we happily announced that Ace Attorney 5 will be heading to the West.

While Capcom has not yet announced a release date, we can all sleep well knowing that, someday, it will come. In the meanwhile, you can watch the new trailer, with subtitles from Ace Attorney fansite, Court Records.

[via siliconera.com]

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

I like what I'm seeing. I wonder if that was Edgeworth at the end if the trailer or a new character.

BigBluePanda

BigBluePanda said:

Love it.

A Layton vs Ace Attorney trailer has also been released, showcasing the gameplay. Visual style is very similar to the one used in this new Ace Attorney entry.

SuperconsoleAdmin

Superconsole said:

@BigBluePanda Yep we have just added that to the news feed :) I'm a huuuge fan of Ace Attorney and lover of all things Level-5, so today feels like my birthday come early :P

@shonenjump86 Hmm, I'm not sure if it is Edgeworth, maybe a brand new prosecutor to battle? :)

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

The evidence shows that this game looks awesome,and anyone who doesn't want this will be cross examined.

MayhemStaff

Mayhem said:

Yeah, I suspect the silhouette at the end is the new prosecutor...

1upsuper

1upsuper said:

@belmont
You understand this is a well-established series, yes? They wouldn't completely change the gameplay that's worked so well just because it's on the next platform. There's plenty of new stuff visible in the trailer anyway.

Anyway, saying I'm incredibly excited for this game would be an understatement. Can't wait for it to be released!

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I think the new graphics look fine and this looks like it will be a great return for Phoenix Wright but I have a lot of catching up to do with this series before getting this one.

belmont

belmont said:

@1upsuper
Exactly my point! The style has changed from 2D to not so good 3D. They should just stay in 2D but offer greater detail due to the better 3DS resolution.

zezhyrule

zezhyrule said:

As long as they make all new music and don't just have the music from the old games without the chiptunes, it will be fine.

SMW

SMW said:

Do want! I agree that sprites would look great, but I must say that this game looks so smooth and crisp! I wouldn't mind if they kept up with this look.

Popyman

Popyman said:

I can't handle how pretty this game is! Everything is so perfect and brilliantly done. The character models, the way the text is placed directly over the scene, all of it looks amazing.

BigDaddysPizza

BigDaddysPizza said:

The game looks great!
That siloutte at the end had to be the new prosecutor...and I'm sure it isn't Edgeworth. That feather must be a clue.

abINC4L

abINC4L said:

I've never played an Ace Attourney game but boy do I REALLY want to try one :3

JustYourAverageBleh

JustYourAverageBleh said:

I agree with a previous commenter, about how the 3D characters are flat compared to the 2D ones. They do feel flat and insincere. While the 2D ones showed more emotion and silliness. Other than that, I'm hyped for this game.