UK Gamers: You'll Be Playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 At Wii U Launch

Posted by Damien McFerran

Namco Bandai confirms November release for famous brawler

Namco Bandai has added another game to the UK Wii U launch day schedule, with Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition being confirmed for release on the 30th November.

The long-running fighter joins Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, FIFA 13, Mass Effect 3: Special Edition, New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, Rayman Legends and ZombiU, all of which will be on UK store shelves when the console is released.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 has also been confirmed as a North American launch title, too.

Will you be joining Heihachi Mishima and chums on the Wii U release day?

[via eurogamer.net]

BenAV

BenAV said:

Meh.
Still looking like just Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros. U and ZombiU on launch day for me, unless I decide to get Mass Effect 3 or Rayman Legends at launch but I don't really want to buy either of those until I find them for a cheap price.

47drift

47drift said:

I'm thoroughly enjoying this on the 360 right now, but might just double dip for Wii U. It's really really good. Sure hope fightsticks come out for Wii U soon.

OorWullie

OorWullie said:

This is a pretty strong launch line up whatever way you look at it.2 1st party titles including Mario,2 3rd party exclusives,both of which look great,a special edition port of a great game,3 multi platform titles that will hopefully be the best versions and possibly even 2 or 3 great E shop titles to go with it.Just wondering why EA have been so quiet after all what they said at E3 2011,especially regarding FIFA and their other sports games?Manager mode with the Gamepad should be a perfect fit?

Oregano

Oregano said:

Ooo might pick this up as well... that'd make four launch titles and I'm also considering picking up Ninja Gaiden 3 and Warriors Orochi(if they make launch)!

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

I haven't played Tekken since Tekken 1 & 2 on the PS1 and that's a memory I'd
definitly like to forget. :p I hate the robotic & clunky stiff combat, not to mention they just felt so lifeless...Personally, I'd
rather see Soul Calibur V: Wii U edition. B-)

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

The Nintendo references look pretty cool but I won't be getting this game as I don't care for the Tekken series.

Jgam

Jgam said:

maybe will get if it has something more interesting than mushroom battle and the costumes......

Ernest_The_Crab

Ernest_The_Crab said:

With Tag Tournament coming out I'm a little surprised that Capcom hasn't already announced a Street Fighter for the Wii U. So far it's mostly been "we have other projects for the Wii U but are currently under wraps".

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

One of the launch window titles I'm most looking forward to. Pre-ordered already. My favourite fighting series.