Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed Lines Up On Wii U Starting Grid

Posted by Damien McFerran

Sega racer is now a day-one launch title in the UK

Sega has confirmed that Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed will launch alongside Nintendo's new Wii U console in the UK on 30th November.

This means that the Wii U edition is lagging behind the PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS and Vita versions by two weeks, but prospective Wii U buyers won't mind - it just means yet another high-profile title has been added to the already impressive UK launch day starting grid.

UK readers - has Sonic just become a day-one purchase for you?

rjejr

rjejr said:

I'm glad you wrote launch "day" and "day-one" b/c I'm not a big fan of alleged "launch" titles releasing 5 months later in March. I'll give them a month window, say thru Christmas, but when a new calendar year starts its hardly a "launch" title anymore.

Oregano

Oregano said:

They need to fix the framerate. There was a video from the preview events on the thirteenth and the framerate was atrocious.

cyphid

cyphid said:

@Oregano I suspect it was an older build. The beauty of modern games is updates; if Sega doesn't have a high frame rate a simple patch/update could do the trick. One example was Ridge Racer Vita; Namco launched the game with frame rate hiccups and fixed the game with an update.

cyphid

cyphid said:

@GazPlant I thoroughly enjoyed the original as well! I think I mght have been one of the few to purchase the Ryo Hazuki Forklift; don't care, since I love Shenmue.

Lite_Gamer

Lite_Gamer said:

I'm worried this may be a watered down port to the 3ds lacking in features and mediocre graphics.:(

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

@Lite_Gamer They said that PS3, XBOX 360, WII U, and Vita versions of the game will be the same, however for the 3DS version, they plan on completely recreating the game from scratch.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

Cool, but TOO many launch titles I say! My kids will want this and I already have 3 games I want on launch day (at least). Yiiiikes.

@rjejr
How are you getting it in October? March is FOUR months later, right?

Void

Void said:

I didn't like it on the Wii really, so I probably won't buy this ever.

Shirma_Akayaku

Shirma_Akayaku said:

@cyphid That can actually be a problem. A very big problem. Why I'm saying this is because most developed games usually connect to the internet somehow. Most games would usually rely on updates to fix them in some way, but not everyone has internet access. Remember those games like Mario Party, GoldenEye, Donkey Kong, etc. Well they would take a long time to release because it shouldn't have glitches (even though they still had). "The beauty of modern games is updates; if Sega doesn't have a high frame rate a simple patch/update could do the trick." Well for every beauty there is, there's usually an ugly too. I'm not sure where I'm getting at but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't see why games can't be fixed before they launch. It may take longer, but sometimes, it makes it all the better. After all, you wouldn't want extreme lag in a game for the NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Genesis, Dreamcast, Saturn, etc.

SteveW

SteveW said:

I'll get the PC version because I heard the Wii U one has a bad frame rate (like the WIi version did)