Rising Board 3D Hits The eShop Surf on 20th September

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

3DS debut for the Pop Island series

DSiWare has had its share of fun, addictive titles, with both Pop Island and Pop Island: Paperfield being good examples. Developer Odenis Studio is now taking this series in a new direction on the 3DS eShop, with Rising Board 3D set to take to the waves.

This new entry seems to move away from capturing flags, with a focus on surfing through various courses and environments with as much speed and style as possible. There'll be eight boards to buy with collected sun points, with a variety of challenges, multi-layered courses, boosts and tricks to mix things up.

We don't have long to wait to see whether this one lives up to the standards of its DSiWare predecessors, as it arrives on the North American eShop on 20th September for $2.99. We'll bring you a review as soon as possible, of course, and to help tide you over you can check out the trailer below.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

this looks not interesting at all.

i was hoping for a direct sequel to pop-island :(

Ecto-1

Ecto-1 said:

I enjoyed the Pop Island games, so I'll probably look into this one as well.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Huh. Sort of like Pop Island: Tiny Wings? Might look nicer on the 3D screen, I imagine. The price is right. Worth a look.

Oregano

Oregano said:

This was released on iOS quite a while ago and I remember commenting that an eShop version would be cool. I'll definitely buy it when it releases in Europe.

AVahne

AVahne said:

Looking pretty cool, hope they make a new multiplayer online Pop Island for 3DS sometime.

Rococoman

Rococoman said:

Pop island was one of the best DSiware releases. I'll probably buy this asap, especially at 2.99

McGruber

McGruber said:

I'll definitely pick this us. I had fun with the original, and this is a good price. Agree with whoever said more online please. I'd pay an extra $3 for that ;)

iphys

iphys said:

I think a 3D Pop Island would have been better, as I don't see much use for the 3D in a side scrolling game.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

@iphys
mighty switch force looks georgues in 3D

but this seems to use the old dsi-ware engine from the pop-island games. so i think 3D is kinda useless here

Jumpman

Jumpman said:

Looks interesting.
Let's just hope this game isn't odenis studio's downfall.

Birdman

Birdman said:

Officially on my watch list thanks to the odenis studio mention. Probably gonna wait for a review though; I really didn't like Glory Days: Tactical Defense.

Windy

Windy said:

This looks to be a quality title. I hope the controls are good cause the game looks great

Gen0neD

Gen0neD said:

The waves at the end of the trailer sold me. Count me in. And for 2.99, if it sucks... oh well.

Shane904

Shane904 said:

Day 1 Buy. If anything, just to support the dev. I loved Pop Island (and the sequel), along with Glory Days Tactical Defense.

Fabian