Nintendo Shares Two Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask Demo Puzzles

Posted by Katy Ellis

"Just a dash of puzzle solving here"

Have you ever found yourself in that situation when a nearby clown is tangled in balloon strings, and you have to free him in precisely three moves? Well our good friend Hershel Layton is here to help with his latest puzzle-solving adventure, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask.

To get you in the mood for the upcoming release — on 26th October, so mark your calendars — Nintendo has uploaded two puzzles for you to try out from the comfort of your preferred web browser. Head on over to the Nintendo UK's official Miracle Mask page to try them out for yourself, and let us know how many of you solved them in one try!

[via eurogamer.net]

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

The string one is interesting because you don't click on the tiles for the strings that cross them, but the strings that are crossing the tiles beneath them.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

That string one was hard. I really enjoyed Curious Village but was frustrated enough that I didn't feel compelled to try the next few. Always thought the Diabolical Box sounded intriguing. Will probably get an older DS one before the new 3DS game, since I'm itching to see how Layton will look on my "new" DSiXL I picked up after the price drop.

Shiromikio

Shiromikio said:

The demos have got me a bit more interested in this game, I might pick it up. It was on my watch list, but having never played the franchise before, wasn't sure what I was getting into in terms of puzzle difficulty and content.

Like @LavaTwilight, the 1st one went through more quickly when I realised the swaps unraveled the strings below rather than the section inside the swapped tiles. The 2nd one was fairly straightforward.

NintendoMaster

NintendoMaster said:

These demos are much different than the past Layton games. Perhaps this is a turn in gameplay structure? Does anyone know if there still are puzzles structured in the same way as previous games?

gefflt

gefflt said:

Well, I basically got the first one by trial and error but I got the second one in two tries! One to see what would happen / test it out and I got it right after! :D

MofieWilson

MofieWilson said:

I loved the DS games, and I absolutely must have this when it comes out! Yes! I've missed you, Layton!