Evidence Suggests That Ace Attorney 5 Will Be Coming to the West

Posted by Damien McFerran

Our key witness is Capcom

A few days ago we brought you the exciting news that Phoenix Wright would be returning in Ace Attorney 5, but were unable to confirm that the game would be making its way to the west.

We can now happily report that fresh evidence has come to light and a western release of the game is very much on the cards - and that's no idle speculation, but straight from the mouth of a Capcom representative.

"Capcom is planning to release Gyakuten Saiban 5 (Ace Attorney 5) in the West," is the official line according to Kotaku. "We'll have more news soon."

[via kotaku.com]

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Good! Now get Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and Layton vs. Ace Attorney out here, too!

Morphbug

Morphbug said:

Great!

But... Wouldn't it be sooo funny if they said "Fans failed to show interest" in the last moment?

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Too bad many gamers are boycotting ALL of Capcom's products... Boycotting until something good comes along like this isn't really a boycott at all.

Samholy

Samholy said:

finally a good news for nintendo.
this series is amazing. it really surprised me when they appeared on shelves, i didnt expected that.
everyone should try at least the frist title on DS.

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

Well this will be nice when it finally gets here. Though I hope they don't pull one over us like the Edgeworth one.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

@Emaan: My suggestion is start with the first one either on the GBA, DS or Wiiware. To get the full enjoyment and understand the AA series you should start with the first one and go in order.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

No objections here.
Hopefully this also means good news for a Eustralican release of Layton vs. Wright. And maybe even Investigations 2. :)

Hokori

Hokori said:

Here's hoping they mean the 3DS version and not decide to only sell it on iOS

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Tasuki The first one is cheap on DS, too. It's also on iOS, but the current version is less than ideal. There is another version coming that'll be even better, however.

MarioFan1985

MarioFan1985 said:

The story may be some time after Apollo Justice (because if any body completed that game will know that Phoenix said that he would try to get his attorney badge back). But anyway, I like to see Phoenix back in the Ace Attorney games after several games about Edgeworth.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Why can't this be like this for some of their other games...coughmonsterhuntercough

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

Oh, what a beautiful morning, oh, what a beautiful day! I got a beautiful feeling, everything's going my way!

mamp

mamp said:

I'm so excited!!!! Can't wait for this game, I'm so glad there's no more Apollo that game was the biggest abortion ever.

Intrepid

Intrepid said:

Thank goodness! Hopefully it sells well enough to warrant the localization of AAI2.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

So, just so I'm not confused, We get AA5 with Phoenix, but no AAI2 or AAI3?

Iceberg

Iceberg said:

I've seen that guy in tons of avatars but I didn't actually know where he was from until now.