Yes, Scribblenauts Unlimited 3DS Will Have StreetPass

Posted by Damien McFerran

Used to peek at the objects created by other players

The latest issue of Nintendo Power has something of a scoop relating to the 3DS version of Scribblenauts Unlimited — you'll be able to use the console's StreetPass capability to look at the objects created by your fellow players, thereby revealing how to overcome some of the game's trickier tasks.

Scribblenauts Unlimited on 3DS will be very similar to the Wii U version , and will share the same dictionary and environments. That's no bad thing, as the Wii U edition is shaping up very nicely indeed.

The 3DS version ships in December, and follows on from two successful outings on the DS — Scribblenauts and Super Scribblenauts.

[via officialnintendomagazine.co.uk]

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

Did you read the actual article?
"you'll be able to use the console's StreetPass capability to look at the objects created by your fellow players"
So this isn't the object creator?
Sorry, new to the franchise!

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

@Scollurio - Not exactly, it could be just things they used in the solution, like "Giant Purple Dragon". Though hopefully it is, I don't like getting hints in Scribblenauts as solutions are based on what you can think might work.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

"Ok lets see how Player X tried solving this puzzle...hmm...he also used a jetpack...but I bet he didnt think to...oh...wait..he also summoned cthulhu as well"

I'd be excited for the 3DS version if they'd actually fixed how much you're able to create. Having infinite power becomes boring when all you need to be doing is saving kittens from trees.

Klinny

Klinny said:

That's a fun idea. I'd like to see what other people do for curiosity's sake, as apposed to using it for game hints, and it seems like that could be funny. "They did WHAT..?" Although I don't come across other players very often, so this feature may not be applicable to me anyways.

TeslaChippie

TeslaChippie said:

I'm pretty sure the 3DS version does have the object creator... the game's main website lists the ability to "store your own objects" in your backpack under the 3DS game, so that sounds like the object creator to me :/

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

@TeslaChippie If you compare my link to the Wii U version's E3 page, you'll notice that the 3DS one neglects to mention the object editor. Plus, Nintendo Power outright confirmed that there won't be one. Sorry.

k8sMum

k8sMum said:

considering i get 1 street pass about every 3-4 months, this doesn't excite me too much.

Firejonie

Firejonie said:

Since both versions are pretty much the same. I'm getting the Wii U version because of the object creator. Passing on the 3DS version, I was planning on getting them both until they said they would have the same levels.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

@k8sMum I know this is off-topic, and this is crazy, but I wanted to clear up something about the "don't wanna live on this planet anymore" thread maybe. It wasn't about his parents (I know that they're right more often than not), but rather about general failings he sees in society. Like I said, he's usually right about those. ;)

ueI

ueI said:

According to Nintendo Power, the WiiU Scribblenauts has an "object editor" that lets you customize the name, appearance, and behavior of objects. The 3DS version and previous DS games do not have this feature, presumably because the consoles are less powerful. I would assume the 3DS lets you streetpass the basic objects you can create in any game. I have obviously not experienced the game firsthand, but the information out there implies the WiiU version is best.