There's a Fluidity Sequel Coming to the 3DS eShop

Posted by Mike Mason

Go with the flow

In case you missed it in yesterday's North American release schedule, or overlooked it in favour of squealing about Paper Mario: Sticker Star, there's a sequel to WiiWare game Fluidity on the way to the 3DS eShop.

We don't know much aside the title, Fluidity: Spin Cycle, and a vague release date of the fourth quarter of 2012, but considering how much we enjoyed the original WiiWare version, it might be time to get excited. Known in Europe as Hydroventure, you splish and splash a delicious pool of H2O around 2D puzzle environments using gyroscope controls.

Could that control option make a comeback on 3DS? We're not sure yet, but we'll let you know as soon as we have more information.

Coproll

Coproll said:

this is really nice news. the first was great, plays a lot like Loco Roco besides the musical element of course.

NMRodo

NMRodo said:

Cool! Fluidity is a really creative platformer. It's nice to see a follow-up. Assuming gyroscope controls will be coming back, I hope they design the game so that the environment on-screen will tilt to stay level with the player's eyes. I don't want to have to tilt my head back and forth constantly while playing.

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

The first one was pretty cool.
I hope if there is Gyro controls for the game,they're optional.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

I could have sworn this was announced last year.
Anyways, Fluidity is a great title that is one of my favourite Wiiware games.

Kifa

Kifa said:

Sold! Hydroventure is one of my favourites on WiiWare, and I'll love to put some water in my Aqua Blue 3DS. ;) I hope that we'll be able to choose between circle pad and gyroscope control scheme, though I can't imagine this game without the feeling of actually making the water flow through movement.

Ninjuggernaut

Ninjuggernaut said:

Nice! Just got it free with Club Nintendo a while ago and already beat it, I'll definitely buy the sequel

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

Going to get this. But hopefully there is a stylus control, as that would make it even better.

And "Spin Cycle?" Could that mean more wheels to ride on? Yes please!

Henmii

Henmii said:

Good news! Hydroventure was pretty fun and challenging! I still haven't got every rainbow drop/puzzle pieces!

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

I never checked out the first one. Is this just standard puzzle game fare or is it pretty unique? The only puzzler I ever really got into was World of Goo, so when it comes to these kinds of games, I'm hard to impress.

Klinny

Klinny said:

Oh yay! I loved the idea of this game when I saw it on the Wii, but really wished for a 3DS version. (There's something about the Wiimote controls that don't mesh well with me..) Very excited for this!

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 said:

@grumblebuzzz It's basically a non-linear puzzle game with the levels structured kinda like a 2d platformer, except you control water in any of (eventually) all 3 forms, liquid, solid and gas.

Sam_Loser2

Sam_Loser2 said:

I haven't even played the first one yet (got it though Club Nintendo) and I'm so excited for this one!

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

I absolutely LOVED the original so I can't wait to see what awesome things they can do with the 3DS hardware!

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

darnit, another game where i have to choose if i want the 3d on or if i want to use gyro controls (the other one being Mario Kart, except Mario Kart should have also had a gyro option for 3rd person view like the wii version and it would have been amazing but thats just me)

XyVoX

XyVoX said:

In my opinion this was one of the VERY best WiiWare games that has ever been released, so this 3DS version is a big interest to me.

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

Do want. I loved the original game on Wiiware and this will be an insta-download for me when it reaches the European E-shop. :)

Now lets get World Of Goo ported to the 3DS E-shop as well, and I'll be extremely happy :D

Rect_Pola

Rect_Pola said:

Please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please DO NOT rely on the 3DS gyro. That is not a great feature.

Korbin64

Korbin64 said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSss!

I'm not sure you noticed, but I loved the first one.

Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy said:

Hmm... sounds interesting! Hope it doesn't take literally forever like Flipnote Memo! Not that it came out or anything...