The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia Tops Amazon Book Charts

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Now that's epic

Last week we were rather delighted to share the news that The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia is on the way to the West, with all 272 pages of its Zelda goodness making its way out of Japan early next year.

We know enthusiasts will be interested in this, but the question is whether there'll be enough demand to make it worth the publisher's while. The good news for Dark Horse Books is that it's having quite an impact on one of the biggest retailers in the book industry. On amazon.com, at the time of writing, Hyrule Historia is number one on the best-sellers chart, seeing off the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy, of all things. That's a video-game themed book, that isn't out until next January, at the top of the charts. The results in the UK aren't bad either, with the book eighth on amazon.co.uk at the time of writing.

[via destructoid.com]

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

Haha yeah I was pretty happy when I saw this on the weekend. Amazon didn't even have any pictures up of HH yet when it reached the top of the charts.

I'm looking forward to getting it. At $21 it's a steal.

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

I am getting this. Have been anticipating this book since its Japanese debut. <3

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

"It's a small victory for video game culture, and books as a whole, for that matter."

haha yeah^^

ouroborous

ouroborous said:

It says alot that this book is even being translated into english. Japan gets stuff like this but we never do. With demand like that though, hopefully we'll get more awesome goodies in the future. As for Zelda HH, sign me up!

KAHN

KAHN said:

i'm surprised that fifty shades of gray was even in first place. i expected that HH would quickly take first. i will preorder very soon.

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

This is an outrage!
An absolute outrage I tell you!
Zelda is more popular than the Fifty Shades of Grey series,how did that happen.

I bet millions of women are crying into their chocolate bars tonight.

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

Not really surprising, considering there was such an inflated price on the imported versions. This will be a nice piece to add to my collection when it comes.

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

Just ordered mine to go along with the original Japanese copy I picked up earlier this year... Which, by the way, just skyrocketed in value since they announced the English version. Sweet.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Thanks for the heads up, I will be preordering mine to see if it makes the first print. Would not want to wait even more to get it, or wait for the outrageous prices that are sure to pop up after the first edition sells out.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Asking it for my birthday in January, mainly because I don´t want to go through the tedious process of getting the copy online. Unless, that is, the book really starts showing up on book stores too.

Retrowire

Retrowire said:

Ordered mine. I am now one of the many, that is somewhat responsible for this article. :D SO EXCITED