Take a Sneaky Look at The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia

Posted by Katy Ellis

In English, hurrah!

It's been a good month so far for Zelda fans. Not only has the monumental book, The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia, been translated and confirmed for the West next January, but this week we also had the smug satisfaction of knocking off E. L. James' infamous Fifty Shades of Grey from the top spot on amazon.com's best-sellers chart.

Now, Zelda fans, your month is going to get even better, as Kotaku has published a first look inside the newly translated book. The page in question takes a look at Link's most recent Wii epic, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and contains a section written by designer, Ryuji Kobayashi, about how Link was presented in the franchise's latest update.

The Link presented here is a mere seventeen and a half years old. He was designed as such - "halfway grown up, not fully matured" - in order to strike a thematic balance between this and Twilight Princess. His armament and attire remain mostly unchanged (with perhaps only the absence of arm guards). The expressions on his face are portrayed as slightly more comical and lighthearted than before, so that regardless of what expressions he makes, the expressions themselves seem relatable. Additionally, there is a lot of interpersonal interaction in this instalment, so the expressions become much richer.

If you would like to join in the pre-order madness, you can secure a copy for yourself at the newly reduced price of $20.99.

[via kotaku.com]

Joco84

Joco84 said:

Why do we get shafted in the UK, it's on Amazon for over £22! That's nearly double what the US pay! FFS!!!

Retrowire

Retrowire said:

So happy I reserved my copy already, SO happy. I had no idea it would be this cool.

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

I don't think this book would be worth anything, with out Shigeru Miyamoto's signature.
Untitled

KAHN

KAHN said:

i don't own a wii DD: now i suddenly feel horrible about not having one ;n;

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

maaaaaaaaaybeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I should preorder this instead of buying the world ends with you...

Pro-N-Gamer

Pro-N-Gamer said:

Own the Japanese edition already.. But that doesn't hold me from pre-ordering the english one ! :D

Intrepid

Intrepid said:

I may get this with Christmas money or gift cards.

And installment is spelt with two l's. Sorry, it just threw me off because for a moment I thought that was in the book.

GameCube

GameCube said:

The alternate Midna concepts in this book are pretty awesome, though the very best design did win out in the end as the one we currently got.