Serve Up Some Pixels For Breakfast With The NES Toaster

Posted by Katy Ellis

Full of retro goodness

Digital artist, MyBurningEyes, has recently posted a rather smashing 3D design of an NES Toaster on deviantART.com.

Sadly the Nintendo gadget is only a concept, but we're hoping that someone with the necessary skills will spot it and make our dream breakfast machine a reality! And then send us one to try with complimentary 8-bit toast.

If it was available, would you buy one of these? We certainly would!

[via myburningeyes.deviantart.com]

shinpichu

shinpichu said:

I'd buy it. Except I can't, because my dorm doesn't let us have toasters. :(

Actuall, someove did the reverse of this a while back(an NES that looked like a toaster).

Intrepid

Intrepid said:

Though these kinds of things are cool ideas, if it mean sacrificing old, irreplacable nintendo machines, I generally disapprove.

Furealz

Furealz said:

You don't want that toast, it looks like it could cause cancer! I hope I'm wrong though....

HanuKwanzMasBif

HanuKwanzMasBif said:

I picked up a broken NES at a thrift store the other day for $2.50 (came with a seemingly functional gamepad and copy of Super Mario Bros). Maybe I'll gut a toaster and put it in the NES... after all, that wouldn't be sacrificing a functional system!

SilentJ

SilentJ said:

I just bought a new toaster a couple days ago but I would definitely get this one.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

It reminds me when there was an article on NL last year that reported that the NES could be a DVD player. The Gamecube could be a lunchbox, so this seems fitting for food.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Lol When the redesigned NES came out my friends and I use to call the original NES the toaster NES. I would buy one.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

@Shadowflash: Ditto. "All Toasters..."

Edit: I mostly clicked this article wanting to read the comments, b/c I knew there would be a Hotel Mario reference. lol :P

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

It should burn 8-bit Mario sprites into the toast. I actually think a toaster modded into a working NES is a cooler concept, though.

Why do people call the side loader a "toaster" anyway? Aren't all conventional toasters technically top-loaders?

IMO, the NES design was really inspired by the VCR, not an actual "toaster".

Araknie

Araknie said:

Old and already done. This way and the other way around already by the same person.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

This news would of been cool 5 years ago, like others have pointed out the AVGN already has a Nintoaster and it WORKS as an NES. :p
Nothing new here folks!