Nintendo Hypes 'eShop Heroes' in New Trailer

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Get a load of that music

Just yesterday we posted a feature arguing that the 3DS eShop deserves big franchises, and that providing a variety of bite-sized download titles with recognisable names or neglected series could be a good thing for the platform. On the flip-side, however, Nintendo has used the store to introduce new characters and IPs to gamers, each with their own charm and providing a fair bit of fun.

Nintendo clearly sees new franchises as a big part of the eShop, and a new video released today shows off these characters against an epic soundtrack. It features Mallo from Pullblox, formees from Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive! and Dillon from Dillon’s Rolling Western, rounding off with Potzol and the Guardians from SpeedThru: Potzol's Puzzle. It's a motley crew, but also serves as a reminder that Nintendo has published some excellent download games on the eShop over the past year.

Check out the trailer below, and it certainly made us see the genteel block moving exploits of Mallo in a more heroic light.

Related Games

KaiserGX

KaiserGX said:

Where is Sakura Samurai? What is funny is last Thursday I bought all these games at once. All good.

grimbldoo

grimbldoo said:

@Knuckles #2
It might just be my imagination, but I'm pretty sure the video said, "Watch this video in 3D on Nintendo eShop" Though it may just be for Europe at the moment, it did say Pullblox instead of Pushmo (which is a better name, it should have just been universal).

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Pushmo is the only game I remotely want out of the ones in the trailer. Dillon's Rolling Westward looks OK but not sure how a left-handed gamer such as myself is supposed to play it comfortably. Nice try Nintendo.

Dodger

Dodger said:

For a second there, I thought Nintendo was making a crossover game. I almost want to see how they would combine all of those games. Almost. :P

AcesHigh73

AcesHigh73 said:

Yup, I too have all these. But to echo KaiserGX:

WHERE IS SAKURA SAMURAI??

Do Nintendo actually plan to bring it to the European eShop? Still waiting on Cave Story+ too for that matter. And Night Sky...

Abcdude

Abcdude said:

Wanna know what? They should consider making a game that combines Pushmo, Sakura Samurai, Dillion's rolling western, ketzal's corridors and freakyform's, all into one game and name it "Eshop Heroes" Now THAT would be the killer app of the eshop.

Xilef

Xilef said:

Nice to see Nintendo pushing some new franchises, even though they are only downloadable titles (except for that retail version of Freakyforms).

@Abcdude That actually sounds quite awesome.

siconlol

siconlol said:

Why did I think this would be a game that combined the heroes and villians from pullbox freakyforms and dillions rolling western? I think ive been playing to much dissidia ><

Azikira

Azikira said:

I thought this was like, an announcement for eShop people to be put in like, Smash Bros or something... Cuz Dillon would be an awesome addition XD

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

I want to say that I checked this page on my 3DS, so I couldn't watch the trailer. Thats why I asked, so I could watch it. Thanks for the replies :)

Henmii

Henmii said:

Lol, this is Nintendo's way of saying: "No, no, no, we haven't only Mario! We also have some new characters sometimes!!"

Sorry about the sarcasm! Anyway, I am happy that Nintendo does introduce some new characters at all!

Justaguest

Justaguest said:

pullblox
+challenging puzzles, clever ideas
-same design over and over(blocks&worlds are samelooking)
freakyforms
+create anything
-childish platformer without any challenge at all
rolling western
+unique controls
-repetive

Those games are good but far from being perfect in my opinion.

RR529

RR529 said:

At first I was wondering why Sakura Samurai wasn't featured, but then I saw that Pushmo & Ketzal's Corridors were under their PAL names, so now it makes sense.

Hope you over in the EU get Sakura Samurai soon. It is odd that Nintendo's taking their time releasing it over there (it's not like it was a sales flop or anything).

Mahe

Mahe said:

Dillon's Rolling Western is a horrible game. I'm really regretting buying it. One of my worst purchases in a long time.

CommanderAudio

CommanderAudio said:

I can picture it now, Leonard Maltin giving every film in his movie guide one star because there were no golden poops

Sadodi

Sadodi said:

@Retro_on_theGo Well no, because you can't even do anything in a level if you don't start off pulling a b(l)ox. And I don't know this for a fact, but I think you do even more pulling than pushing in the game.

Vallu

Vallu said:

@Mahe
I agree... The game is very boring and repetitious and it doesn't even support left handed people like me. I bought it, cleared two levels and never played it again. What a waste of 10€.