New Art Academy and Freakyforms Deluxe Confirmed as Retail Downloads

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

'Many more' on the way

New Super Mario Bros. 2 arrives in Europe on 17th August and will be the first retail download title on 3DS eShop. While this is already underway in Japan and Nintendo of America has revealed details of its distribution, Nintendo of Europe has been relatively quiet on its own plans.

In a press release today it's been confirmed that eShop retail downloads in Europe will earn double the normal Club Nintendo stars for four weeks after launch, which is great for those that particularly enjoy Nintendo-themed folders, playing cards or real-life Mario Kart 7 trophies. It won't just be New Super Mario Bros. 2 in the eShop from 17th August, but also Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive! and New Art Academy, which were retail releases in Europe alongside 3DS XL on 28th July.

The same statement says that many more 3DS games are on the way, without any details, while pricing hasn't been formally confirmed; previous comments from Nintendo suggest that the downloads will be at the full retail price. Are you tempted to download any of these next week?

Related Games

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

'Many more' on the way

Please let one of those be Thearythm: Final Fantasy -crosses fingers-

BenAV

BenAV said:

I'm still thinkin' that Freakyforms Deluxe should have just been DLC.
Oh well.

Still not interested in retail downloads... especially after I get an XL and want to be able to choose which system to play games on.

Marow

Marow said:

The original Freakyforms will be removed from the eShop, it said when I looked in it. I don't remember the date, but I think it was 16th or so.

Marow

Marow said:

@19Robb92 That would be a perfect download. I already got the physical copy, but I think that's a game I would buy digitally if I hadn't.

BenAV

BenAV said:

@Marow Oh really? That's good then.
I like having games on my system that aren't available anymore. :)

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

@19Robb92
That is actually one of the games I've been hoping would be downloadable too! Double the CN stars is a nice incentive if they do that for Australia, it would make saving up stars so much quicker.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

The Art Academy boxart is just too beautiful to get the download version. :o
But as soon as Freakyforms Deluxe drops to a price i'm willing to pay i'll get it. Download or not.

audehtv

audehtv said:

I bought new art academy but if i downloaded it again would my data still be saved or do i have to start all over?

Bensei

Bensei said:

It would be great if they realease Pokémon Conquest. It's only available in the UK in Europe, but Downloads in all of Europe shouldn't be a problem, right?

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

Does that mean we get New Art Academy & Freakyform's 3DS as digital download in North America in the e-shop???

If so extremely happy! :D

I'll get New Art Academy 3DS as a download for sure then. :D

Content with freakyform's e-shop game personally. :)

I hope that's meant for both US & UK & not just the UK e-shop that'll be really dissappointing if so.:(

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Djrr-ific

Djrr-ific said:

@ymmas626

This statement and release dates are for EU(not UK only) but it will probably be on the US e-shop too. Nintendo said almost all of their new games will be digital and retail, so why not these 2 also.. :P

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

Don't live in UK but AA as a DL makes it a better purchase for me. I wouldn't have bothered if it was retail-only. Drawing apps just make more sense as a digital DL than retail, and this new AA has some new features I wished was in the original AA. Hope it's cheap though.

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

@Djrr-ific,

I thought europe was part of the UK... hmm ok... Yes your right nintendo said their games this somewhat concern's me a little it'll be nice to download nintendo named brand games like mario but then still pain in the butt to get other titles like disney princesses 3ds, angry birds, etc.

Personally I'd be happy to buy all my games through the e-shop oh well.

Stuck with GameStop mainly cause it's very close to where I live like 5 mins away. Darn it. Hoping to download the majority of my games don't need the box art for anything.

Hopefully most of the games that are full retail games get in the e-shop as well to download can alway's buy another sd card if I need to.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

@audehtv You'd have yo re-buy it and the save data is on the cartridge so you'd keep your work on the cartridge but it would be missing on the download.

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

I DEF wanna get New Art Academy, how much will the download cost? Same as retail copy? And I'm assuming there will be a retail copy for sale, too, for probably the same price, right? If so, I'm getting a retail copy just like NSMB2.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I would love having it the other way around, and getting downloads as retail games, kinda like what thatgamecompany is doing with its games in August.

I would buy a Pushmo/Sakura Samurai/Rolling Western retail compilation in a heartbeat.

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

@sinalefa Great idea! 3DS E-Shop Retail Value Bundles! :D Because, believe it or not, there is still a tiny portion of society that doesn't have accessible internet. Why should they be denied awesome e-shop downloads?

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

I'd definitely consider going digital for New Art Academy and numerous other games, but I can't see myself taking that plunge with Nintendo unless 1) their retail games are any cheaper to download than to buy physically and, much more importantly, 2) purchases are tied to an account and not the system itself.

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

I can see digital for me in the future for some things, but not those. Animal Crossing would fit the bill nicely maybe.

Sockymon

Sockymon said:

I'd love to download some of these AAA titles, but if I'm using my bandwith and my storage space - I want a healthy price cut (compared to the boxed version) to compensate me.

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

Event though I've got them,I wouldn't mind knowing how much they charge for them.
I got Freakyforms for £25,and Art Academy for £23.

Medicham

Medicham said:

Ugh... Okay, okay. I'm not buying these at all. Has Nintendo forgot to give us FREE stuff? The "last" free app we got was Netflix and that wasn't even really free after that trial ended.