More Fire Emblem DLC On Its Way To Japan This Month

Posted by Damien McFerran

Downloadable strategy

Fire Emblem Awakening may not be out in the West yet, but its Japanese equivalent — known as Fire Emblem: Kakusei — is about to get its second helping of DLC content.

The latest in a long line of turn-based RPGs from Intelligent Systems, Fire Emblem: Kakusei has been a massive commercial hit in its native homeland, which makes the decision to support it with more content less of a surprise and more of an inevitability.

Entitled Kamigunshi e no Michi, the DLC will be available from the 9th of August and will offer new maps to play on, as well as new storylines and special situations. All of which makes the wait for the Western release all the more unbearable.

[via andriasang.com]

Smitherenez

Smitherenez said:

This is going to be the first Fire Emblem I am going to dive into. I am eagerly awaiting it's european release.

TheRegginator

TheRegginator said:

That is what DLC should be. Unless it's a complete extension to a game, I most likely don't care about it.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

Awesome. I'm getting this DLC as soon as it comes put. I do hope that this comes out in the west. This game is amazing, and I totally understand why its been such a success here in Japan. the story is epic, there's consistently new content available, and the characters are amazing. The game seems to have a running theme of strong female characters as well, with most of them not being sexualized, but real evolving characters. I am in love with this game. Looking forward to new content.

SomeBitTripFan

SomeBitTripFan said:

I wish localization didn't always take so long for Fire Emblem games. FE is one of my favorite Nintendo franchises. I want them to localize the NES and SNES games also. If Sega can localize old Japan exclusive titles, Nintendo should be able to.

mamp

mamp said:

Those f***ers ruined Eirika!!! How could they!? Making her all prissy and putting her in a brides gown, I want bloodshed, I want death, someone has to pay for this!!!

Pikachupwnage

Pikachupwnage said:

@Somebitripfan True but it is justified considering the huge amounts of text along with some voice acting. This is not Mario in which they need to change some menus and minimal amounts of text and can probably have the whole thing localized by one guy in a week. At least its not as bad as layton though layton is super justified considering some puzzles actually have to be replaced/or modified because they would not work in foreign countries(Because they utilize Japanese customs or linguistics and would make no sense to us) on top of all the usual translations and voice acting.

Still bull crap EU gets it in 2012 and we Americans wait till 2013 ;_;

Damn you reggie!
Damn you!

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

I said I wouldn't buy a new piece of hardware from them until we got this and Advance Wars for this gen. This is why I have no intention of getting the XL, until this is released. and word of Ad War. is on the way to the west. However I DO want one. I'm tired of the west only getting the dirty end of the gaming stick when it comes to Japans games (which are the best around IMO).

Rekiotsu

Rekiotsu said:

Fire Emblem is my favorite franchise, I absolutely love it. I can't wait to get my hands to the Fire Emblem Awakening.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Fire Emblem is coming to Europe in 2012? I thought it was coming in 2013. I hope it comes to Australia in 2012.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

To clarify, Fire Emblem: Awakening is releasing in Europe in 2013, as is Animal Crossing: Pop Out.

Hopefully when it does come out, the first DLC is free for a while, like in Japan! Also, I need Marth and Roy!

BobBillyBoo

BobBillyBoo said:

All I want for 3DS now is this, Paper Mario, and Animal Crossing. Then 2013 will probably be the best year of my life.

Nintendude92

Nintendude92 said:

I want more details on the dlc, really.. From what I've been reading they charge you nearly $5 each map, unit (normally bundled with a map).

I also hope this game and its additional content doesn't get censored or modified for "the audience in the states", because alot of games like this do. It's still traditionally fire emblem but features like marriage or interaction is geared towards them and the onslaught of games like that on 3DS over at Japan.

We'll see I guess