Fractured Soul Confirmed For NA eShop Launch September 13th

Posted by Damien McFerran

Former DS title gets a new lease of life in the 3DS

Australian developer Endgame Studios has confirmed that it is bringing Fractured Soul to the North American 3DS eShop on 13th September.

The game, which was originally intended for the DS and has been in development for quite some time, is an action title which utilises both screens of the console.

You can read about the game's painful route to retail on Endgame's company blog.

There's no word of a European release as yet.

[via endgamestudios.com]

SirSmugleaf

SirSmugleaf said:

This looks very cool! If the mechanic is actually put to good use this may prove to be a decent download!

McGruber

McGruber said:

I'll probably buy this if it get's a good review, and isn't too expensive. There aren't enough action titles on the eShop, or 3DS in general.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

@Lionsgate That'll depend on your definition of "too expensive." This is going to sell for $11.99 apparently. Which is less than half of what a cheaper retail 3DS game would be, but of course it's one of the more expensive eShop titles. Depends on your point of view, I guess. Looks promising, but I've a bad feeling about it....

Ukee

Ukee said:

Well they got my money, I am for more willing to gamble $12 on this then $30-$40 on a "mainstream" game.

Windy

Windy said:

Now this looks like a game we should be getting in the Eshop. Hope it plays as good as it looks and everything will be right in the world :)

ArcanaXVI

ArcanaXVI said:

This games looks fantastic! Kudos to Endgame for hanging on like they did. I hope it plays as well as it appears to!

MikeDanger

MikeDanger said:

There is no way this game will get a rating less than 7/10, no way to F up what I just saw.

kilicool64

kilicool64 said:

The music in the trailer rocks. Might get this if it's released here and gets a positive review.

accc

accc said:

Looks interesting but I'm not too sure about that price. I'll wait for reviews and impressions before deciding whether too buy it.

rayword45

rayword45 said:

Looks absolutely fantastic thus far, and it might be a deeper experience then Mutant Mudds/VVVVVV.

For that price, it's actually not bad considering it was meant to be DS Retail. Hopefully it'll be (for that price) at least 6-7 hours.

EvisceratorX

EvisceratorX said:

This looks exactly like chronos twins on DSiWare. That was a great game though, so this will probably be pretty good.

Popyman

Popyman said:

The music and style looks absolutely fantastic, I would love to support it...but I have a feeling I could not keep up with all the switching back and forth. :/

EaZy_T

EaZy_T said:

The price is a little steep for a download, but if it's a full legnth game.. it looks pretty cool.

JuanitoShet

JuanitoShet said:

Whoa. That looks real interesting. I can't wait for reviews. I have the feeling this game won't be too low in the ratings.

But yet again... we'll just see.

Royspaceghost

Royspaceghost said:

Pretty pumped up for this one, looks very promising, I wasn't really compeled to buy chronos twins, but this game looks like it's gonna take the same style and level it up quite a bit.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I still need to get Chronos twins which I think looks better than this but I may consider getting this.

0-172

0-172 said:

Wow, this looks awesome. It'll definitely be on my radar once it comes out in the eShop.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Looks awesome but wow, it's literally, Chronos Twins all over again though prettier, but seems to move the same speed. I hope it has less puzzle elements than Chronos Twins and more action.