Starship Defense is Your New US Club Nintendo Reward

Posted by Mike Mason

Starship super

If you're a US Club Nintendo user with 150 coins jangling around in your cyber-pocket, there's a new reward that might tempt you: Q-Games' DSiWare title Starship Defense, known in Europe as Starship Patrol.

It replaces Electroplankton: Rec-Rec and will be available for a limited period of time. Have a read of our Starship Defense review to see if it's worth your virtual coins.

You've got another week to claim your Virtual Console copy of Nintendo 64's Mario Tennis, so make sure you get in before 22nd July if you want it. It's also priced up at 150 coins — our Mario Tennis review might help you decide.

Will you be picking up any of these rewards?

[via club.nintendo.com]

Related Games

PuzzleMaster7

PuzzleMaster7 said:

No thanks. I'll wait for the Kid Icarus AR cards and the Mario Kart 7 trophies. (If they ever make it on there.)

Radixxs

Radixxs said:

I'd rather buy air for my coins. OR that cool Mario cardboard that Pachter guy was talking about...

hydeks

hydeks said:

PASS. I might get Mario Tennis still, that's a good deal, but this game doesn't look interesting to me at all.

rayword45

rayword45 said:

Get this. Seriously. Anyone who says PASS is missing out.

I know, because I was one of those who thought this looked boring.

This is actually, though, a deep, great little Tower Defense game.

GET IT GET IT GET IT.

Way better then freaking Rec-Rec

Yrreiht

Yrreiht said:

I got it back when it was released but it's really fun. I really recommend it.

LegendaryQ

LegendaryQ said:

I was thinking about buying this a little while ago; I love it when Club Nintendo puts something up for coins I was probably going to get anyway but hadn't yet.

shimage

shimage said:

I don't understand why so many people are so uninterested? It's a great game. The only reason I'm not getting is because I already have it :-)

RR529

RR529 said:

I'll pass. While I love that Nintendo is offering games as prizes (and I myself have indulged in 3D Classics: Xevious, and Mario's Picross when they were available), I've decided that I'd rather get exclusive physical goodies than games which I could get at any time for a small price.

I'm currently eying the Blooper folding fan (already got the Mario one), but I may save up a bit more for the CN T-Shirt. I hope everyone who gets the game has fun with it, though.

rayword45

rayword45 said:

I wonder if any of the people saying pass know anything about the game other then the title screen.

HeroOfCybertron

HeroOfCybertron said:

Cool a game I'm actually interested in that I don't already have offered from CN, I,v been thinking about this game but never got around to buying it.

sykotek

sykotek said:

The game is pretty darn good actually and it is probably the main contributing reason the R button died on my DSi back when it was first released.

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

I got it when it came out on DSiWare, so no thanks, but thanks. Also 150? I say 100 would be the better deal, but still worth the coins if you really want it :)

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

Looks great, but I can't bring myself to part with 150 coins for a $5 game when other options come up worth $10 for 150 coins. I'd rather buy this for 5 bucks and save my coins for a future, higher value game. If it was 100 coins I'd probably have gotten it already.

Terrible_Majesty

Terrible_Majesty said:

This made by the co-creator of StarFox (Cuthbert). This is a MUST DOWNLOAD and one of the best if not THE nest DSiWare games I have ever played, even better than some of the Art Style games! My first ever tower defense game. Beware IT IS ADDICTING. It is also PUBLISHED BY NINTENDO. I dont think anything needs to be said as that automatically means it is a QUALITY product.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

I only have 40 coins and I wanted this game but never bought it because I didn't know if it was good or not,I spent the rest of my coins on the fire works fan.

iphys

iphys said:

This is an excellent game, and well worth the 150 coins in my opinion.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

I got it a long time ago and couldn't get into it. Not that It's bad, but It's not my game I guess.

kurtasbestos

kurtasbestos said:

I've been thinking about downloading this game for a couple of years now... now that it won't cost me anything I think it's finally time to take the plunge. Then I'll only be one game away from completing the Q-Games DSi collection!

RetrogamerFan

RetrogamerFan said:

As several people have already said, this is an excellent game. It's very accessible for a strategy game as it has a detailed tutorial and gradually introduces new gameplay elements across the first couple of levels. It gets very intense in later levels. Oh and it even shows the time while you play!

Shotgunryugan

Shotgunryugan said:

I only have 80 coins and even if i had enough coins for it i'd probably buy Mario Tennis again,this game does not look interesting at all.

EaZy_T

EaZy_T said:

Got it the other day. It's is a pretty good game, worth the 150 coins.

sykotek

sykotek said:

@HeroOfCybertron: Did I say R button? Maybe I meant the L button. In the end though, both did the same thing which is speed up the game and both of my shoulder buttons died on my launch DSi anyway, so I must've been a bit confused when I wrote that.

It was a pretty good game though, even scored an 8/10 here on NL. It's kinda sad to see everyone here dismissing it especially with what other questionable titles the US Club Nintendo has offered in the past.

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

150 coins for a 5 dls game? i preffer the 10 dls game for 150 coins. I´ll pass.

(if this was 50 coins ok, but not 150)

Kisame83

Kisame83 said:

Anyone who says pass, if you dislike tower defense types then fine. But if you like them, GET it. I've had this since it came out on DsiWare. It is one of my favorites. The graphics are simplistic but it gives the game charm. Hard to explain, but screenshots don't look like much. It flows really well, and is challenging.

Kisame83

Kisame83 said:

And just to add, the club has offered some questionable ds titles. This is one of the better ones.

Jumpman

Jumpman said:

This is quite a deal compared to rec-rec.
I feel sorry for those who didn't take it.

Joygame51

Joygame51 said:

I am a Dsixl owner and a Nintendo club member and have been for quite a while ..I would love to have this tile for free....BUT NOooooooooo, its only for 3DS owners And i am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo TICKED!!!!! why if I have the coins... and am a member AND this is a Dsiware title can't I get my game for free?????? HA , I guess I'm just a second rate Nintendo user >>>>>!

Joygame51

Joygame51 said:

I know , I know go out and buy a Nintendo 3DS .... well I don't have the money ...for a new 3DXL anyway...soooo I guess I will not get any fun stuff from CLUB nintendo for my GOLD level coins .... dang it. Sour grapes .... YUP and sour gripes TO. heck , I paid for my DsiXL just like all those folks who did for their 3DS consoles .... I WANT MY GAME FOR FREE TO!!!!! Ok such is life ... LOL