Pre-Order Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, Get a Plush Yak

Posted by Mike Mason

Yakety yak

It's time to welcome a new animal to your Harvest Moon plush farm. Having previously unleashed adorable dogs, chickens, alpacas and more on the world, Natsume has announced that the latest addition to the family will be a not-so-traditionally-cuddly yak.

You'll be able to get your hands on the beast if you pre-order upcoming 3DS game Harvest Moon: A New Beginning. It's only announced for North America so far and is slated to come out later this year.

Are you interested in taming the yak, and have you collected any of the other Harvest Moon creatures?

[via twitter.com]

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I havent heard much of this game is it a reboot of the HM series?

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

I think he's cute. I might get it. I just wish they would announce a release date soon. My wallet is going to hate me big time lol Especially since I'll be getting a Vita and a Wii U this year too

sykotek

sykotek said:

I buy all the Harvest Moon and assorted spinoff games, but it's pretty difficult to justify preordering them when I know GameStop employees in my area have been pilfering my preorder bonus plushes for years.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

That's so adorable! :D WANT SO BADLY!!! May have to make this Harvest Moon my first in the series to buy/play just to give a yak a loving home! :) My ponies might look at him/her funny for a while, but they'll get used to it. ;)

gundam00

gundam00 said:

Super cute!! I'll definitely pre-order Harvest Moon just for the yak. I've always wanted to play the HM series. There was a Fishing Game released for Gameboy (I think) that was similar to Harvest Moon, that I really enjoyed! I can't remember the name of it tho. The character designs were similar. Does anyone know the game?

@k8sMum According to Wikipedia the release dates are:

• JP - February 23, 2012
  • NA - October 23, 2012
  • EU - TBA 2012
Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

Ooooh, I want this! It can go next to my Two Towns Alpaca and my Rune Factory 2 Chipsqueak.

grimbldoo

grimbldoo said:

I'm going to go with Amazon for the pre-order but before I do, is it cheaper anywhere else?

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

@sykotek: GameStop pulled the same nonsense with my pre-order plushie last time. Unless you absolutely have to have the game on day one, just pre-order it from Natsume's Web site. You'll get the yak, and it will come in a shipping box with big bold letters that proudly announce that a Harvest Moon game and plushie are inside.

GameGoddess32

GameGoddess32 said:

The only HM plush I have are the black cat from HM:Cute,and the alpaca from HM:ToTT.But the yak is so cute,I want to add him to my little HM plushie collection :)