New Super Mario Bros. 2 Pre-Order Bonus is Golden

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Not real gold, though

It's a big Mario release, so it's time for retailers to coax us to their stores with some 'collectibles' that, in all likelihood, will be lost behind the furniture within days. Still, extras are always nice, and lucky UK gamers will have the chance to get hold of a gold coin cartridge case — not actually made of gold, obviously — as an extra with New Super Mario Bros. 2 pre-orders from GAME.co.uk and gamestation.co.uk.

It could be a handy way to carry the game cart around in some style, with the lanyard clip making it possible to wear it around your neck to show off as bling. Either way, the official announcement is below.

Ahead of the highly anticipated release of New Super Mario Bros. 2 available on Nintendo 3DS from 17th August, Nintendo is releasing a one-off collectable gold coin case as an exclusive pre-order gift when you pre-order your copy at GAME and gamestation stores. The small case - a replica of Mario’s iconic Coins - can hold any number of small objects including the New Super Mario Bros. 2 Nintendo 3DS Game Card itself, definitely a handy accessory if you’re always on the move.

Every Mario fan knows that he loves to collect Coins and in New Super Mario Bros. 2 the Mushroom Kingdom is bursting with more Coins for you to collect than ever before. Each level is littered with gold as Coins rain down from overhead pipes, trails of Coins are left behind by special gold enemies and pipes transport Mario into Coin-filled caverns.

It’s up to you to collect as many Coins as possible throughout Mario’s latest adventure and now you can collect a limited edition gold coin case before the adventure has even begun.

Simply pre order New Super Mario Bros. 2 at GAME or gamestation to receive the collectable gold coin case. The perfect accompaniment to the latest golden Mario Bros. adventure for any loyal Mario and Luigi fan.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 will be available on Nintendo 3DS from August 17th for more information check www.nintendo.co.uk. Also follow @NintendoUK on Twitter for all the latest and exclusive Nintendo information.

Sosa

Sosa said:

Digital is the future, especially for people living in places without good videogames store. Support digital.

Drewroxsox

Drewroxsox said:

Wow a stupid gold colored coin, that just happens to be able to hold a game is definitely not a reason for me to preorder. I hope the U.S. gets something better. Happy 4th of July to anyone who celebrates it

Gridatttack

Gridatttack said:

About digital downloading the game, should it cost less? I mean, they are not including the boxart and the manual/inserts a physical copy have (not that the manual its that great as they used to be)

KaiserGX

KaiserGX said:

The way I see it, you're paying to play the game. Though the manuals haven't been any good as of late (or even barely there). Going Digital for all future games. Just that I can have all my games with me and no switch carts is good for me. Luckly I only bought 2 games... I wish I could download Mario Kart 7 though.

TwilightPoint

TwilightPoint said:

@Gridatttack It probably wont cost less and if it does it will only be a bit cheaper.I think there isn't a lot of cost in packaging. Most of the cost comes from development and PEGI, USK and ERSB ratings.

This is great for me as I was planning on buying it anyway.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Wow that is nice. Any news on NA pre order bonuses? I am sure with games going digital stores are going to have to offer some kind of incentive to get people to come to the store rather than downloading the game.

latiomany

latiomany said:

hope that comes to the u.s. i like switching through games by cartridge better than looking at a screen and choosing it, i dont know, im more of a retro guy

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

Doesn't matter still downloading New Super Mario 2 when it hit's the e-shop either way. :P

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

MarioMario

MarioMario said:

I'm glad to see Nintendo is participating in Pre-orders rewards with physical items rather than tacked on game content. I hope they keep that plan going

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@Sosa:

I won't support digital. Not until game companies support all international credit or debit cards. And since Amazon does, I am getting a physical copy. I can also trade games with friends that way.

An extra trinket is always a good thing, specially considering that I am definitely getting this game and that it won't lower in price for months, if not years.

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

Of course, you can make real gold out of this if you sell this on eBay in about 5 years...

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

They should include the complete line of SMB3 McDonalds happy meal toys from 1990. :p

gamecubefan

gamecubefan said:

Gamestop in the U.S. will definitely have some sort of pre-order freebie as well. I got a sweet Tanooki Mario keychain for Super Mario 3d Land pre-order. I will be surprised if Wario is not in this game...

HADAA

HADAA said:

@Gridatttack @TwilightPoint The cost of the digital download and retail purchase is exactly the same ($39.99 in the US). Nintendo's official stance is you're paying for the content, not the physical package. You also get the peace of mind that you will never lose the game if you buy digital (you can redownload it for free if you accidentally delete it, but if you lose your cartridge you'll have to repurchase one).

@Red_Kinetic Yeah, right :P

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

@HADAA: Ummm you can still lose a digital download if the company goes out of business or the game is pulled which is one reason physical is better. Once I buy it its mine and no company can take it away.

themariobloggie

themariobloggie said:

I wish my currency was cold coins or rupees from the Zelda games. Life would be pretty simple without the extra change.

Kage_88

Kage_88 said:

Come on Nintendo, give us Aussies some love too!

Well, I DO live in a town founded via a gold boom...maybe I should just pan for the real stuff instead :P

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sakura_Moonlight2421 said:

...if it could say hold four carts I'll be fine with that. Anything less than three and I'm just gonna buy it after it comes out.

Cranky

Cranky said:

Gamestation usually charge £5-10 more for new games, but I just checked their website and they have this game at £30, the same as Amazon, Shopto etc...
The gold coin actually makes gamestation the best deal going in the uk, ill be damned :)

CrimsonLoftwing

CrimsonLoftwing said:

Truthfully, I really want this! I mean, I probably wouldn't take it everywhere, but I'd definitely keep it for collection. However, since I'm in North America, I'll be receiving the Gold Mario Pin! I usually don't order games online, but because that's the only way North America's exclusive bonus item, I'll make an exception. :3

RetroGBHippie92

RetroGBHippie92 said:

These pre order bonuses are not made by nintendo. Boy was I disappointed when I got the boxed pre order for The Legend of Zelda: OoT, the box was cheap, no mention of nintendo on the box and the ocarina was well made but not produced by nintendo. Where does GAME/EB Games/Gamestop get these pre order bonuses made??? most of them are bogus, I wouldn't bother paying full price just to get this silly gimmick.