Here's the Monster Hunter 4 Trailer You Wanted

Posted by James Newton

Beastly

Yesterday we told you about Monster Hunter 4's spring release in Japan, announced yesterday alongside a new trailer. This is that trailer.

Like last year's Monster Hunter 4 concept video, this trailer shows off new terrain features, the ability to climb on monsters and destructible surroundings. It also teases new monsters alongside returning favourites Rathian, Tigrex and Rathalos.

Now how about some news for Western Hunters, Capcom?

BenAV

BenAV said:

Not the best looking trailer but I expect it to improve a lot by the time it actually comes out, plus things always look better on the 3DS screen.
3G is beautiful from what I've seen, looks better than Tri, so there should be no problems.
Hopefully this one should get a Western release, and hopefully we're not waiting too long for it.

mamp

mamp said:

I just wanna know of there will be online play. Hope we find out.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

@BenAv You're right about 3G. The graphics looks crisper, and I swear there's more details on some of the monsters.

Alienfish

Alienfish said:

@mamp
I wouldn't worry about that. 3G is online isn't it? Plus, that's one of the bigger draws to the MH series. Hopefully they can make good use of Nintendo Network when that comes online for 3DS.

TimboBaggins

TimboBaggins said:

seriously, you really should give out nintendolife medals. A gold star on my profile please! hahahahaha

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

Good to see them mix up the formula a little bit. Larger worlds with an online free-roam mode would be awesome too.

I would also like to see Capcom mix it up a bit more, and release it in the west, without the normally large delay. ;)

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

Nice trailer, hope they bring this to EU region. I can see the whiners already going on about the bad textures at some places - like they did with Heroes fof Ruin - Gamplay reigns supreme over graphics!!

BenAV

BenAV said:

@Alienfish 3G doesn't have online, but that's because it's not really needed in Japan.
If they were to bring it over here, chances are they'd probably add it as it's harder to find people to play with locally here.
I expect Monster Hunter 4 to have online, especially when released in the West.

amri_rizqi

amri_rizqi said:

the design's changed a bit, look so vibrant and colorful, just look so nice and adapted with ninty nature color, and armor design were sets for more modern settings, nice capcom :D

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

Apparantly the 3DS's colour saturation setting can go all the way to 11 :P

JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser said:

Looks great.
I assume it's open world (and large by the looks of it) because of the low polygon count on individual models.
I really hope this gets a localization.

Quarghor

Quarghor said:

Shadow of the Colossus 3DS! (I'd really, really like a port of that, come to think of it...)

Quarghor

Quarghor said:

Triple post? I suck, and I concede as much. But anyway, seeing the XL used in a trailer makes me sad, man. It's the DS Lite release all over again. Already.

BenAV

BenAV said:

@Quarghor But the DS Lite was an improvement on the original DS.
This ugly beast holds nothing on the original 3DS.

LittleKing

LittleKing said:

@TeeJay

So we'll leave the Wii U owners in the dust instead? I vote dual release with cross-platform multiplayer. ;)

Nice to see Felynes return. I somehow missed them when I watched this yesterday.

BenAV

BenAV said:

I'm happy with this being on the 3DS.
It's a good choice, Monster Hunter has done great for itself on the PSP and already on the 3DS with 3G and I expect the trend to continue.
It'll be nice having it with me everywhere I go (when it eventually makes it over here).
I agree that a Wii U Monster Hunter game would be great, but there's no reason that couldn't come later.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

I don't need to see a trailer. Pretty much just need to know if and when it will be on my local video game shelf. >:[

3dbrains

3dbrains said:

This game looks AMAZING!
100% better than the first trailer.
I want this game, I hope it gets a UK release!

gojiguy

gojiguy said:

Looks fantastic. Now, come on Capcom... Give us some western MH...

Also, the new E.X. Troopers trailer looks amazing.

CerberusAzdin

CerberusAzdin said:

As much as I love the franchise, I'm not even going to bother keeping an eye out for it; chances are Capcom won't release it outside Japan.

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

@Kage_88 Don't count it out yet. Remember it's getting Assassin's Creed III whereas we can only get Assassin's Creed II Discovery and Altair's Chronicles for DS. Not to mention, they got Monster Hunter on PSP. It wouldn't be wise to say it won't come out on PSVita.

I do love my 3DS WAYY more, but I want to know that it has some competition.

XXITheWorld

XXITheWorld said:

You know what's fun about this? North American gamers (and probably European too) will never get MH3G, and will probably never get MH4 either. Oh how I love Capcom

LexKitteh

LexKitteh said:

Still holding out hope for at least an eShop release of Monster Hunter 3G, I'm much more interested in the underwater combat and exploration in 3D!!

Ernest_The_Crab

Ernest_The_Crab said:

I can't seem to find the article but if I remember right didn't Capcom confirm online for MH 4 when they first showed it off?

jamesjagielo

jamesjagielo said:

IT BETTER F"N BE RELEASED OUTSIDE OF JAPAN!!!!!!!!!!!! IT LOOKS SO AWESOME!!!! PLEASE CAPCOM LET US PLAY MONSTER HUNTER ON OUR 3DS' !!!!

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@H_Hunter But the Monster Hunter series always does better on handhelds. We might see a port sometime down the road, but it makes sense that the 3DS is the prime platform.

Gameday

Gameday said:

A true hunters quest is never over , instead its always just beginning.
Suit Up , Boot Up ! Im Going In ;)

Ren

Ren said:

wow, that looks awesome. I can live with simple textures if it means larger areas. So I'm supposed to NOT want a 3DSxl after seeing that?

Henmii

Henmii said:

Looks fantastic, but Monster hunter 3 on the 3DS did look better (If I remember correctly)!