Get Down With The Hip Hop Dance Experience
Posted by Mike Mason
Gettin' jiggy wit it
You love dancing games, right? Good, because Ubisoft has announced a new one. The Hip Hop Dance Experience hopes to have you jumping around to some of the biggest names in hip hop when it comes out on Wii in November.
Following in the two-steps of Michael Jackson: The Experience and The Black Eyed Peas Experience, it's being developed by music game grandmaster iNiS and mixes together big hits from several old school players and new school fools. You'll be able to bust over 750 different moves whether you're a novice or the greatest of all time.
Check out the tracklisting, debut trailer and some words from the choreographers from below. And if you're into hip hop, you might want to have a look at this retro gaming rap, too.
SAN FRANCISCO — July 12, 2012 — Today, Ubisoft® announced the development of The Hip Hop Dance Experience, the latest installment in the chart-topping Experience dance game franchise. The Hip Hop Dance Experience releases worldwide in November for Kinect™ for Xbox 360® and Wii™ system from Nintendo. Additionally, The Hip Hop Dance Experience will debut this Saturday, July 14, at the 8th Annual Brooklyn Hip-Hop Festival, New York City’s largest hip-hop cultural event.
Ubisoft’s Experience franchise was the second largest dance video game franchise of 2011 and has sold more than five million copies worldwide* by making an artist’s musical universe accessible to fans through interactive and immersive games. The Hip Hop Dance Experience takes this concept even further by featuring an extensive selection of hip-hop music that defines the genre, as well as dance routines arranged by famed choreographers, including Laurieann Gibson and Dave Scott.
Developed by renowned music game developer, iNiS, The Hip Hop Dance Experience features the most comprehensive hip-hop track list ever in a dance video game, ranging from chart-topping Billboard hits to old-school party jams.
The Hip Hop Dance Experience full track list:
- Amerie – “1 Thing”
- B.o.B – “So Good”
- B.o.B featuring Hayley Williams of Paramore – “Airplanes”
- Cassie – “Me & U” **
- Chris Brown featuring Juelz Santana – “Run It!”
- Chris Brown featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes – “Look At Me Now”
- Ciara – “One, Two Step (featuring Missy Elliott)”
- Da Brat – “Funkdafied”
- Drake – “Over”
- Flo Rida featuring Sia – “Wild Ones”
- Iyaz – “Replay”
- Jay Sean featuring Lil Wayne – “Down”
- J-Kwon – “Tipsy” **
- Kid Cudi – “Day ‘N’ Night”
- Lil Wayne featuring Static Major – “Lollipop”
- LMFAO – “Sexy And I Know It”
- M.I.A. – “Bad Girls” **
- Mark Morrison – “Return of the Mack”
- Mystikal featuring Nivea – “Danger (Been So Long)”
- N.E.R.D. – “She Wants to Move”
- Naughty by Nature – “Hip Hop Hooray”
- Nelly – “Hot In Herre”
- New Boyz – “You’re A Jerk”
- New Edition – “If It Isn’t Love”
- Nicki Minaj featuring Drake – “Moment 4 Life”
- Ol’ Dirty Bastard featuring Kelis – “Got Your Money” **
- Outkast – “B.O.B.” **
- Pitbull featuring Chris Brown – “International Love”
- Q-Tip – “Vivrant Thing”
- R. Kelly – “Ignition (Remix)”
- Rihanna featuring Jeezy – “Hard”
- Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock – “It Takes Two” **
- Run-DMC – “It’s Tricky” **
- Snoop Dogg featuring Pharrell Williams – “Drop It Like It’s Hot”
- Terror Squad featuring Fat Joe, Remy – “Lean Back”
- The Sugarhill Gang – “Rapper’s Delight” **
- TLC – “Creep”
- Too $hort – “Blow the Whistle” **
- Trey Songz featuring Fabolous – “Say Aah”
- Wiz Khalifa – “Work Hard, Play Hard” **
(** Denotes songs that will appear only on the Xbox 360 version)
The Hip Hop Dance Experience also includes an array of new features and game modes, including:
- Dance routines designed exclusively for the game by top choreographers Laurieann Gibson (Nicki Minaj’s creative director, BET’s Born to Dance), Dave Scott (So You Think You Can Dance, Battle of the Year) and Kid David (Step Up 3D)
- Authentic music video and live performance footage, paired with dynamic visual effects triggered by your movements, transform your living room into a real-time music video
- Progressive difficulty levels provide varying levels of challenge for everyone from beginners to professionals. Perform over 750 dance moves!
- Multiplayer gameplay designed to simultaneously accommodate varying difficulty levels. Pro or novice, each player can choose their individual difficulty level and play along together!
- Complete Avatar customization with hundreds of looks and accessories to express your personal fashion sense
- Dance modes with high-energy multiplayer challenges:
- Dance Party: Jump in and light up the dance floor with your favorite dance partner.
- Dance Battle: Challenge your friends to high-energy dance battles in true hip-hop style.
- Dance Marathon: Test your stamina by dancing to an endless stream of tracks.
- Power-Skooling: Perfect the most iconic and extreme hip-hop moves in step-by-step tutorials.
For the latest information on The Hip Hop Dance Experience, please visit: TheHipHopDanceExperience.com