Gaia's Moon Flies Into Japan on 25th July

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Into the Land of the Rising Sun

DSiWare has its share of budget gems, and it's also a service that deprives some regions of excellent titles for long spells: ask a European DSi enthusiast about Cave Story, for example. Japanese gamers are about to have one of their wrongs resolved, however, with confirmation that Gaia's Moon is due on the country's DSi Shop and 3DS eShop on Wednesday 25th July, for just 200 points.

It may be a short, simple experience, but Gaia's Moon has a winning combination of a beautiful art-style, compulsive play and a basic form of multiplayer. A good addition for Japanese gamers, though anyone else who hasn't tried it should have a read of our Gaia's Moon review and see whether it persuades them.

DeMoN-13ruce

DeMoN-13ruce said:

looks nice:o

off topic
nice kingdom hearts 3d ad:D
4 days left D: time for the waiting game!

Cipher

Cipher said:

Speaking of deprivation of titles, I'm still pining after A Kappa's Trail. Good to see Japan's still getting its share of decent DSiWare, though.

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

Good for them. Because Japan almost always gets neat stuff long before us (or games we never see at all), I tend to forget that the inverse is also true sometimes.

I could be wrong of course, but I'm pretty sure they don't have VVVVVV yet or any of WayForward's games.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

This game isn't really that good... I think I got it free as an ambassador, it was called Balloon Trip mode in Balloon Fight...

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

@RevolverLink You're right...we don't have VVVVV, Mutant Mudds, or Colors 3D :(

As for Japan and Cave Story, I believe the DSi version is the only version we have gotten so far, although we're finally getting the 3DS version next month. We never had the Wiiware version.