Adventure Time Collector's Edition is Full of Goodies

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Land of Ooohh?

The snappily titled Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! is on the way this fall, and some retailers are listing the collector's edition on both DS and 3DS, knowing how tempted us gamers can get by extra bits 'n bobs. At the moment Amazon.com and Gamestop.com are listing it at some odd-change below $40, about $10 more than the standard edition.

The extras on offer aren't too bad, however, and may be enough to tempt some: it includes a premium steelbook case, limited edition replica stylus of Finn’s Gold Sword, Finn & Jake’s Monster Manual — which seems to be an art activity book — and a bonus poster map of the Land of Ooo. You also get the game itself, of course.

That's not a bad collector's edition, it must be said, though gamers outside of North America can only look on enviously for the time being. Anyone out there planning to take the plunge for an extra $10? Also, don't forget to check out the new trailer.

[via joystiq.com]

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

Ha! America rules!
(I honestly have never heard of this thing called Adventure Time, other than the game trailer I saw a few days ago. Looks like an updated Zelda II to me.)

Kid3dizzy

Kid3dizzy said:

@ajcismo I highly recommend you watch the show. It's weird at times, but very deep as well.

Anyway, will this sell in other countries?

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Has a Euro release been confirmed yet? If not i hope they do it asap. For both the standard and the collector's edition.
What are the differences between the DS and 3DS version anyway? Just the 3D effect?

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

Wait, the COLLECTOR'S EDITION is the same price as a NORMAL 3DS game at launch?!?!?!
THIS SHAL BE MIIIIINNNNEEEEE!

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

I went to my local Toys R' Us today to try and find Adventure Time products. They told me that they were sold out! I guess Adventure Time is way more popular in Australia than I realised...anyways, I'll let Jake explain how much I am excitement for Adventure Time:

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

I'm more excited for moshimonster's 3ds personally & normally I do like cartoonnetwork's show's but over these past couple of years mainly between 2007 & 2012 it's like there show's have gone from really good to just plain bad.

Bring back:

Ed, Edd, N Eddy
Foster's home for imaginary friend's

Anything!! (> _ <)

I am sorry & maybe i'm the only one that doesn't get Adventure Time but I've honestly tried to sit through & watch some of the cartoon it's just soo dumb.

Can anyone tell me what they truly see in adventure time please? (o_O)

who know's maybe I'm old school but I like the older show's CN use to put on this newer stuff is just beyond weird.

If there's no other game to get & the price is lowered after a few month's I'll consider getting this game but some what unlikely. I'll take a little bit of time to still try to understand this show but if still not completely understood then it's a pass.

Happy Gaming! (^ _ ^)

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

I'm probably going to pick this up. I always hate waiting for Monday so I can get my Adventure Time fix.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Collectors Edition is out of date! Fin uses the Demon Blood Sword that belonged to Jake's family, and Fin gave the Enchiridion to a bear that tricked him. Okay I'll stop nerding out now.

Royspaceghost

Royspaceghost said:

@ymmas626 Well it's a very acid and bizarre cartoon, almost to the point, as an adult, where you say "how can something like this be on a child's cartoon?" like the rave with the little bears, or the god of parties, or I recommend this one, it's called "the cosmic dance of life" it's such a bad trip you should deff give it a try.

gusmento01

gusmento01 said:

One of my favorite CN cartoon. I will buy the collector's edition.Guardians of Sunshine is an awesome episode.

torotoid64

torotoid64 said:

I AM SO GETTING THIS! Love adventure time and the fact that its coming in at 40 (a regular 3ds game price) is such a steal :3

Supereor

Supereor said:

After this line, I found the show incredibly hard to believe it was a kid's show after this one very line Jake said in one episode:
"Maybe we drank the cosmic juice of the Elder Toad."

PuzzleMaster7

PuzzleMaster7 said:

This is a steal! You can't find collector's editions very often, but when you do, get it while you have the chance.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Never saw the cartoon series, but the game trailer looked pretty cool! Maybe I should give the cartoon a try?

Drobotic

Drobotic said:

The game looks OK.Though,I was sort of expecting a possible Wii U or Wii game.