This Zelda Nursery Sets the Scene for a Life of Adventure

Posted by James Newton

Highly decorated

So many Legend of Zelda games open with Link waking up in bed that a Zelda-decorated nursery makes perfect sense.

Cole Bradburn and friend Wes spent three months decorating a nursery to greet Bradburn's newborn son, taking the cel-shaded adventures of Link as their inspiration. The hand-painted room features art from The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and took over 150 hours of work over the course of three months.

Seems like the perfect setting for that Zelda bedtime story.

[via colebradburn.com]

BenAV

BenAV said:

I watched the video a bit earlier.
It's amazing.
I wish I had that on my walls! :O

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Awkward if the kid grows up, plays his first Zelda game, then says he hates it. :0
Awesome effort though. :3

drumsandperc92

drumsandperc92 said:

man what skill! the spirit tracks wall looked especially good. very very cool. i wonder if he used normal wall paint for this or something else like acrylics. great idea and even if the kid doesnt play those games, the room looks awesome. fun idea for me to do when its about that time for me!

Koos

Koos said:

In other news, Nintendo announced they iniated legal proceedings for copyright infringement in home decorating.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

God, I want that room! However, parents also setting the stage for disappointment, when the child finds out that life is not only not an adventure, it is most often a boring, tedious drudgery! :p Enjoy it while you can, kid!

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

Cool! the bodies look a bit disproportionate, but awesome nonetheless. I wish I had some of these walls.

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

Nintendo's email to Cole:

Dear Nintendo Customer no. 1,357,246,

We appreciate your interest in our "Legend of Zenda" franchise, starring the fairy boy Zenda and all his friends. However, this fansite is in violation of multiple copyright laws, one or more of which are owned by Nintendo. We humbly request that you take down this illegal fansite so that our other fans may enjoy "Legend of Zenda" games for years to come.

Yours sincerely,
Ina Neaunushing, Nintendo work experience student

The Internet's response to the email:

"...the heck?" O.o

The idea to make a video game-related nursery is genius. What better way to start the next generation of gamers' careers? :D

DrDaisy

DrDaisy said:

@GamerZack That's a joke, right? Not only does it have a mix-up of names and a misspelling at the same time, a fan site isn't going to stop anyone from enjoying a game series ... unless maybe it's run by some racists who distort it.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Man the room is amazing, I swear that kid is the luckiest kid in the world to grow up in a room like that. I have a poster of Spirit Tracks in my room that is the same picture as the Spirit Tracks painting but I think that wall is slightly more awesome :P

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

@DrDaisy Yes, it was intended as good-natured humour. One thing you should know about me is I can be kinda random at times, and kinda random at other times. :)

@fijidublin Nice job with the nursery, by the way. The Wind Waker is one of my favourite Zelda games of all (partly because it's the only one I cleared without a single Game Over). I'm not ashamed to admit I nearly squealed when I saw the wall depicting Link riding the King of Red Lions across the Great Sea...but if I had squealed, then the other commuters would have given me a weird look. I hope your son enjoys it. :D

Koos

Koos said:

That's amazing that Nintendo sent you a cool email. Was it NoA?. Let us know what they said ;)

James

James said:

@fijidublin Hey Cole, thanks for visiting! Any chance you could forward that email? I'd love to take a look :) Use the Contact form if you want to drop me a line :)

fijidublin

fijidublin said:

I wanted to give you all an update. My little boy is now 8 months old and LOVES his Zelda room. Whether we are putting him down in the crib or on the changing table, he stares at and grabs for the walls. Thanks again for featuring this.