Rumour: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Coming to 3DS

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Pass the salt, please

You may remember that, during E3, scans emerged that showed Game Informer magazine listing the latest Tomb Raider title for Wii U, with the publication releasing a correction shortly after to confirm that it was incorrect. Still, that hasn't stopped suspicious looking listings, not by a long way.

Gameinformer.com has posted a profile page for EA's upcoming FPS, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, on 3DS. The developer is said to be Danger Close, with a vague release date of 2012.

It's not unprecedented for Nintendo's handhelds to boast big-name shooters, but we recommend not taking this one too seriously until there's a formal announcement.

[via gameinformer.com]

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

Hm... I don't know what to say. It's probably false, due to an announcement not being made at E3. But I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Smitherenez

Smitherenez said:

I would like to see the frostbite 2 engine on my 3DS ;) Not that it will happen tough...

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

While FPS games have lost my interest a while ago I would like to see how an FPS game, if done well, would work out on the 3DS. I believe this would be the 1st FPS game on the 3DS.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

@DarkKirby then why not play borderlands,its a rpg fps and its really good.
................................................
it would only be good if it had mulitplayer like cod and/or a survival mode

pixelman

pixelman said:

Took a quick look at what they've made on wikipedia, and it doesn't look like Danger Close has ever made a portable game. It'll be pretty cool if it does happen though. :3

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

If it is real, I will buy it day one. I'm trying to vary my 3DS library and this one will definitely help.

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

They better have CPP compatibility. I don't mind touch screen aiming, but I felt that Kid Icarus could have brought a little more if the face buttons had more of a use.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

I highly doubt it's coming to the 3DS. And if it was, the game would probably be handled by another developer (see; N-Space and Call Of Duty).

luminalace

luminalace said:

It's certainly probable but not sure! Also if so, it's almost certainly a spin off game and not a port!

CommanderAudio

CommanderAudio said:

Wait, hang on a sec, didn't Danger Close Games used to be Dreamworks LLC? In that case, screw this. Make The Neverhood 2 a reality

Dobeymaster

Dobeymaster said:

I'm hoping this is true. It'd be nice to have a solid FPS with Circle Pad Pro on the 3DS. There is a Wii U version coming out, so be hopeful. :)

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

Too bad they probably wouldn't allow this to have a bundled CPP of some kind. I'm not as crazy about FPS these days but, like others have said, it would actually be a welcome addition to my 3ds collection because I like to have variety.

Gustoff

Gustoff said:

Day one buy for me. Just hope this is true and the CPP is compatible. NintendoLife, please update this story once you hear if it is true or false. Fingers and Toes crossed!!! :)

Csaw

Csaw said:

@dobeymaster I don't remember hearing about a wiiu version, I don't think that's happening either.

This is really unlikely, especially since it comes from a source that has given false information before. I hope it's true, because I'd like the 3ds to have as much variety in games as possible, just like the ds, but this just screams false.

Smooth27

Smooth27 said:

Oh! Ma gawd! Hope this is true. If its true I will say fu** activision and cod, and you have no idea how big of a fan i am for cod. Just got me mad how the announced a vita version and not 3DS.

Nintenbro

Nintenbro said:

I'll only be interested in this if it provides a smooth online multiplayer with voice chat and a good amount of unlockables, achievements and play mode options.

Gamesake

Gamesake said:

It may not be an inspired name, but at least we know they'll never run out of titles.
Medal of Honor: KILLSTREAKER
Medal of Honor: HEADSHOOTER
Medal of Honor: GUNHOLDER
Medal of Honor: MINESWEEPER?

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

However old it is, what I'd really like is me some Medal of Honor: Frontline on 3DS! :) Somehow, none of the others touch it in my book. And for it's composer, it had the great, Oscar-winning Michael Giacchino.

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

If it does, lets hope its got a good engine like RE:R had so it will look like a home console game!!!

@gamesake hmm i am curious to c how minesweeper turns out lol!!!