Prepare for the Abyss on DSiWare

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Don't forget a light

EnjoyUp Games has released a lot of download titles, particularly on DSiWare, with Gaia's Moon standing out as an excellent release at 200 Nintendo Points. That word Gaia has appeared once again, this time as a collectible in upcoming DSiWare release Abyss.

The purpose of Abyss is to navigate a robot called Nep2no in the depths of the sea, recovering Gaia stones while staying within an ever-decreasing light. We'll let EnjoyUp Games give more details in its press release, below.

26th June 2012, Barcelona, Spain. EnjoyUp Games announces Abyss on DSiWare™ and eShop service.

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/EnjoyUp/102050359833234
Twitter: http://twitter.com/enjoyupgames

Abyss

Explore the abyss!

Earth, 3024.

Natural resources are scarce and the survival of the human race is in danger. Desperate to find new energy resources, the ASAN creates a biomechanical robot called Nep2no that is capable of withstanding extreme depths in the hope of finding new energy sources. After many years of exploration, a new energy source is found, code named "Gaia".

Your mission will be to find the "Gaia" energy stones by exploring the depths. To do so, you must control Nep2no by counteracting gravity and the surrounding darkness with the aid of a Light that will go out little by little.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Not more DSiWare! D:
My system is full, give me 3DS Download games.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

@BenAV I know, I've been surprised at that too. In Japan we are constantly still getting DSiWare games. Although some of them don't look so bad, they don't really use the 3DS's capabilities, and they don't get nearly as much publicity as the 3DSWare releases.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

theres starting to be many of somewhat of the same games coming on the dsiware,I want another zombie shooter.Also is that a angler fish

Samholy

Samholy said:

bring ThatGameCompany games on the eshop.

i would totally play Flow or Journey on my 3DS. Flower less so, as its great in its HD splendor
But Flow on 3ds, perfect match. Journey should be possible too, with special streetpass features

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

Gaia's Moon was a terrible re-skin of the balloon trip mode in balloon fight, so I'm sceptical at the moment. I would wait for a review, but Moon was reviewed highly and was pretty bad, and the same with Castle Conqueror Against, which is one of the worst games I have ever played.

James

James said:

@Samholy TGC had an exclusive publishing deal with PlayStation for its first three games, so we'll never see those games on Nintendo formats. Sorry.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

This looks... interesting. I'm still happy to get cool new DSiWare stuff, since I just picked up a cheap(er) DSiXL and am hoping to play the good downloadable stuff in its full resolution, not on my 3DS and its wonky DS emulation.

Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

I'm playing Tales of the Abyss right now and that's all I can think of when I look at this game.

And I wonder if they're ever going to release the last two Anonymous Notes DSiware games? I know this site gave them bad scores, but I thought they were darn good for $2. I wanted to play all four....

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

Took me a while to realize what that logo reminded me of but it's the evil Eyeborgs from Gotcha Force!