Kingdom Hearts 3D Trailer Goes With The Flow

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Flashy production values included

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance is happily aboard the hype train ahead of its EU release on 20th July and North American arrival on 31st July. Alongside mentions on Nintendo Direct and the news that Nintendo will manage distribution in PAL regions, Square Enix has released a demo in Europe and started to unleash teaser trailers.

The latest video, below for your viewing pleasure, is focused on Flowmotion, the mechanic designed to speed up the action both in general navigation and in battles. A variety of locations and scenarios are played out in this trailer including a fair bit of grind-rail action, which is always fun.

Let us know if the video below helps to sell you on this title and, for those of you that have been able to try the demo, tell us what you think of the Flowmotion controls.

[via youtube.com]

DeMoN-13ruce

DeMoN-13ruce said:

Best kingdom hearts game to date becuase i like how square enix adds a new mechnanic every game and the flowmotion is really neat sure worth the money! pre ordered it for sure it's my alltime favorite game series:)

i hope they use flowmotion in future titles for consoles etc also it really makes the game a little less linear.

edit:the flowmotion takes some minutes to get used to but it's reallygreat everyone should try the demo:)

onlyaman

onlyaman said:

I never paid much interest to the KH series, but I must admit, that demo is pretty fun... especially all that Flowmotion rail grinding. Quite perrrty too.

Mockingjay

Mockingjay said:

The flowmotion is a great idea, but like it's been said, it does take a little getting used to.

ToadFan

ToadFan said:

Flowmotion is pretty cool, but it takes some time to master. But I can't wait for this to come out :3

Arcamenel

Arcamenel said:

The demo alone sold me on the title but this trailer really showed off the awesome flowmotion aspect of the game. Interestingly though a friend of mine who has played every KH installment was not a fan of this mechanic.

Icefreak45

Icefreak45 said:

Can't wait to play this game! The demo was fun and after a while I was sold on the flowmotion idea.

Onett

Onett said:

Ah... so this is Kid Icarus: Uprising with autolock and wall jumping? JKJK. It's refreshing to see some new ideas being introduced to this series. I still need to try the demo.

rjejr

rjejr said:

My kids were going to play this demo but they found the Amazing Spiderman demo so the known entity won out. Did we know a Spiderman demo was out, I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere?

I played the first KH game and loved it. I played 2 (skipped the handheld ones) and it seemed like more of the same only not as good. Don't recall why as it's been awhile. This trailer reminds me of the first so maybe it will be good again?

Abcdude

Abcdude said:

This is my first KH game, and the demo was good, but flowmotion seemed a tad confusing.

Xtremetdifan

Xtremetdifan said:

First KH game, I've ever thought about buying, Flowmotion is confusing, but like KI:U controls, you'll get use to it.

goldgin

goldgin said:

I'm not sure about flowmotion:
You are facing the enemy, sword ... errr key at the ready...
indead of rushing towards him, you run the opposite way, searching for a wall or barrel to mock about, allowing the game to pick another target instead, which turns out to be bob squarepants' sidekick.. lv1, 10hp,... a waste of time, effort and visual effects.

RR529

RR529 said:

Flowmotion was a little tricky at first, but once you get it down it's pretty fantastic. Although it's nice to use the series' traditional combat as well (for example, I never use flowmotion against the boss).

lanabanana

lanabanana said:

At first i wasn't even interested in this game , but when i played the demo... Yeah, u probably guessed already... I'm saving my money for the Collector's edition ... XD :D

Crystalking18

Crystalking18 said:

To me, flowmotion seems like a great idea for world exploration and platforming. I've never really enjoyed or was particularly wowed by the platforming in previous games, but the flowmotion looks to make that much more enjoyable. In combat however, it makes it way too chaotic and crazy, so I forsee the camera going all over the place and being very hard to properly control when fighting enemies.

Overall, I think the game is going to be pretty good, but I'm just not sold on it being one of the best Kingdom Hearts of all time or even being a fantastic 3DS game. I'm sure it'll be good, but most likely not the best.

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

It's kind of neat, not sure how much I'll use it aside from quickly moving around

Lin1876

Lin1876 said:

I did find Flowmotion a bit clumsy in the Demo, but that's probably because I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game. I also got lost and had no idea what I was doing, but hopefully I'll clear that up when I play the demo again.

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

@Lin1876 this is the first kingdom hearts game to have this flowmotion
and whoever said this is like kid icarus, no. kid icarus is a rail shooter, kingdom hearts is a hack and slash action rpg

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

@Marioman64 Well that is half true. Part of Kid Icarus: Uprising is rail shooting, but quite a lot is rather similar Kingdom Heart's ground fighting style, with more shooting involved. (At least that is what I've garnered from playing the demo, I have never played a KH game, but I do own KI:U).