Freakyforms Deluxe Announced for Europe

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Arrives 28th July

Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive! was one of Nintendo's earliest releases on the 3DS eShop, and during today's European Nintendo Direct broadcast Satoru Shibata confirmed that a full retail title in the series, Freakyforms Deluxe, will arrive on 28th July: the same day that the 3DS XL/LL hits.

The retail title will offer a lot of the same creature creation tools, but with additional options and more formee possibilities. As well as a form of local multiplayer — including download play — this sequel will feature an RPG mode, where you create formees with special abilities to try and successfully clear dungeons. A basic battle system will mean that designing the right creature for the job will be part of the challenge.

Any and all features from the eShop title, such as formee sharing via QR code and StreetPass, will be included. Is an RPG mode and local multiplayer enough to interest you in a full retail title, though?

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@sonichedgehog It's read, I assure you. It'll be interesting to see whether this will be reduced at retail, as in £19.99, because the RPG mode and local multiplayer were the only significant additions.

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

I meant 'it's REAL', obviously. Typos are allowed this early in the morning.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

The 3DSWare download was alright - but I doubt this has enough for a retail release. They should have done what MSF did and just release the extra as free DLC - make the eShop a better place. :3

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

Why is this a retail game? Should be either an eShop sequel or paid update. The first game had me playing it for quite a while before the novelty wore off. An update would have easily got me hooked again for a while. Totally not worthy of a retail release in my opinion.

Froggievilleus

Froggievilleus said:

If it makes it here I will gladly buy it. It is a fun game. My son and I spent many an hour creating formees and having fun adventures. Bring it stateside pretty please :)

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

Nice. My little brother's been wanting to get Freakyforms but I'm glad I waited. Hopefully this will be released in Australia before August in time for his birthday. =)

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

@Nick-Clegg You don't know the price yet - like Thomas said, it could be £19.99. The game is well worth £19.99 as well - I got 22 hours out of it before I got bored, and Europe only has a 50% internet connection rate for 3DS, so half of all 3DS owners have no way of getting the brilliant original :o

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

I presume this is being released because the original was very popular - Pullblox Deluxe anyone?

Torchwood

Torchwood said:

Fix the control and then we'll talk. I hated moving my formee everywhere like a slingshot.

Cyrso

Cyrso said:

Lol, wtf.

C'mon what's to point of this being a retail game?

The eShop game was a bit lackluster, and now they add a few things and they're going to charge €35 extra for just an RPG mode???

This makes no sense at all..

CommanderAudio

CommanderAudio said:

@Firejonie I'm still kicking myself for getting the original when I could have waited for Deluxe. They better make this free DLC for anyone who buys Freakyforms before 28th July

Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

Oooooooh, I want! Loved the download, but exploring got repetitive. I think it would be awesome as an RPG. Reminds me very much of Spore Creatures for the DS, which I also liked.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

@PikminMonster the original Freakyforms is £5.40. This game will at least be £20 - almost 4X the price. Do you really think it would make sense to release this whole version for £5.40 and earn about 4 sales for the much more expensive retail version?

stipey

stipey said:

Man, this is why I love Nintendo. Seems like a cheap and nasty cash-in, except... who on earth actually wants this??? They just DO things, and I don't know why, and it makes me so happy.

They're also so indiscriminate about the order they deliver their information in. Freakyforms Deluxe sitting up there with their big franchises made me smile, as did the length Iwata went to in the previous N.Direct to explain the WiiU media player's curtain as a major feature.

Gretski

Gretski said:

I kind of want this! I think Nintendo should put it on the eShop as one of those retail or download games.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

This is £21.68 on Amazon, so it looks like Tom was right. If it's marketed right, I can see Freakyforms being really successful for Nintendo!