E3 2012: Ubisoft Announces Just Dance 4 for Wii U

Posted by James Newton

Out in October, apparently

Ubisoft's done what EA hasn't and shown off a game for Wii U.

Just Dance 4 kicked off Ubisoft's press conference with a performance from Flo-Rida and some dancers. The video in the background showed a player placing the Wii U GamePad into the cradle and dancing. As you would.

Ubisoft has confirmed Wii U will support up to five players, with the player using the GamePad able to capture video and screenshots to share online as well as acting as a Puppet Master, controlling dance routines for the other four players.

Wii U-exclusive Features: The Wii U version introduces, for the first time ever, up to 5-player gameplay with the innovative and exclusive Puppet Master Mode. In this mode, the player operating the Wii U controller becomes a true Master of Ceremony as thegets the power to switch dance routines that are being performed by the four other players in real-time. The Wii U operator he also has the ability to create choreographies and choose playlists for the other players to follow. In addition, the Wii U controller allows for writing on-screen live dedications and taking pictures and videos of the best dance moments to share online. It’s a complete new way to take part in the Just Dance experience!

Ubisoft has said the game will be available on Wii U from the system's launch.

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

Just Dance actually isn't shovelware at all. Just Dance 3 was a very well made, superb game.

Emaan

Emaan said:

Just Dance games are pretty solid, it'll help boost sales for Wii U definitely!

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

While it's not my kind of game, the Just Dance franchise is not shovelware either as it's made a lot of money for Ubisoft. Whatever; to each his/her own when it comes to their favorite games.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Can a series get to 4 if it's shovel ware? Oh, and sell like crazy?
If they want to sell the WiiU though they'll need to get 5 off the Wii.

Not-Another-Ad

Not-Another-Ad said:

I guess if Lady Gaga said it,so we must do it.
Just Dance.

I kinda want to try this series,but I'm kinda scared off.

luminalace

luminalace said:

Just Dance 3 has sold 9 million copies on Wii! If Part 4 didn't come to Wii U, it would have been a bad sign! Sure I won't be buying it, but millions likely will!

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

@FluttershyGuy I clicked to see any comments about the image. & to see if I might be interested in getting this for a Christmas gift, for someone. @ChocoGoldfish Yes, that opinion gets annoying.

Edit: Glad to see no comments about the pic. Shows maturity of ppl. Boy, that sounded weird, hearing myself say that.

Wildvine53

Wildvine53 said:

This is gonna be awesome! I like the idea of sharing pics/video, and the partial track list the revealed seems solid.

R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George said:

Nooooo! Though the idea of sharing video, I'd love to post a video of my brother-in-law playing. LOL.